Location: Memphis, TN
Yates is proud to be an industry leader in construction and engineering services. To be a top of class organization, Yates is dedicated to hiring individuals who understand the importance of safety; instills integrity in all aspects of their lives; are passionate about what they do; and committed to providing value to our clients.
Skills and Experience:
This position will lead, direct and coordinate the work of Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) subcontractors and/or Yates trade partners. The MEP Superintendent is responsible for ensuring safety, schedule delivery, quality of work, and budget, as well as field construction oversight during project implementation.
- Extensive knowledge in Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing systems
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of MEP codes as they relate to project
- Well-rounded base of knowledge in construction disciplines
- Previous experience with MEP subcontractors and contracts
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in MEP coordination
- Previous experience as PM, QC, or MEP Superintendent on medium to large projects ($50M+) is required
- Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management or Engineering preferred
Essential Job Duties:
- Lead 3D modeling/coordination process of MEP systems
- Assist with development of detailed schedules for MEP activities
- Manage performance MEP trade partners on project
- Manage QA/QC process for MEP systems installation to commissioning and start-up.
- Review MEP material and equipment prior to installation
- Manage material procurement process for MEP activities
- Assist superintendent with overall project plan as it relates to MEP activities
- Coordinates work with subcontractors to ensure all subcontract work is within project scope and specifications.
- High-rise structures including condominiums, apartments, and office
- Federal & military construction
- Gaming and entertainment
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE/Vets/Disabilities/M/F
Yates performs heavy construction and building work throughout the United States and relocation is sometimes required for continuous employment opportunities.
Click Here To Apply