PrimeCare Medical of West Virginia, Inc. has an exciting LPN opening in our medical department at the Sam Perdue Juvenile Center in Princeton, WV.
Shift: PRN/Per Diem – Weekends
Correctional nursing provides a challenging and exciting world of opportunities for nurses today. In correctional healthcare, nurses are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis.
The Licensed Practical Nurse will primarily be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care to adolescents from 11 to 21 years old. Other responsibilities include:
- Maintaining security of all medical records
- Ensuring strict compliance to all applicable pharmacy regulations
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws
- Conducting sick call for inmate / patients and provide treatment for selected minor illnesses and injuries.
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and progress of patients and participating in the formulation of the plan of nursing care
- Record, retrieve and file medical information in the inmate/patient medical record
- Accompanies and assists PCM physicians during facility rounds
- Qualified applicants will have the following requirements:
- Active LPN license in the state the facility is located
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong patient assessment skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate clinical competency
- Correctional nursing provides a challenging and exciting world of opportunities for nurses today. In correctional healthcare, nurses are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis. Correctional healthcare is similar to working in an emergency room or clinic.PCM is dedicated to our employees and we will provide the knowledge and training to administer premier healthcare in the correctional environment.
- Now is the time to join the exciting and challenging world of correctional healthcare!
- Each day is both challenging and rewarding in Correctional Healthcare. Nurses are involved in healthcare emergencies, physical health assessments, initial screenings, medication distribution, nurse sick call, and chronic care clinics. Nurses will also provide assistance to physicians, psychiatrists and dentists.
Click Here To Apply