TABITHA’S PURPOSE: We empower people to live joyfully, age gratefully.
Each Home Health Care RN – On Call is responsible for quick response to after business hours calls for Home Health Care Seniors/clients/patients (hereinafter, “Seniors/clients”). This position triages phone calls to determine if services can be addressed by phone or a visit. They are responsible for performing home visits as needed. The HHC RN – On Call admits Seniors/clients and performs supervision visits as needed. They coordinate with physicians, families, community services, office and HHC TEAMembers to provide quality service. They are responsible for maintaining timely clinical documentation in compliance with state licensure, federal standards and corporate policies. This TEAMember strives to uphold Tabitha’s LIVE2Care culture and actively embraces Tabitha’s Core Values. By doing so, the TEAMember supports Tabitha goals related to the dignity, respect, independence, competence, autonomy, personal comfort, safety and security of Seniors/clients. In addition, the TEAMember contributes to the success of Tabitha through ongoing collaboration with Seniors’/clients’ family members, Seniors’/clients’ significant others, management, volunteers and other TEAMembers in the organization.
- Maintains current knowledge of the local, state and Federal regulations and laws which apply and assures compliance.
- Provides after hours care to Home Health Care Seniors/clients 5pm to 8am Sunday through Thursday. If in an on-call weekend position oncall hours are 5pm Friday through 5pm Sunday. Assists with holiday visits and holiday on call rotation.
- Triages phone calls to determine if services can be addressed by phone or a visit. Performs home visits as needed.
- Admits Seniors/clients for services and completes admission documentation
- Ensures the timely and adequate delivery of Home Health Care services to Seniors/clients by utilizing the nursing process as appropriate.
- Maintains communication with departments at Tabitha, HHC TEAMembers, physicians, and other community resources.
- Assures that all clinical record documentation is completed and in compliance with state license, federal standers, and corporate policy. Documents using the computer software system and completes paper documents as needed.
- Assesses Seniors/clients, their family members and environment for additional care needs and coordinates additional services as appropriate.
- Provides back up RN coverage to the department including skilled visits, supervision visits, admissions, and other duties as assigned.
- Participates as a TEAMember to ensure that the department workloads and goals are met.
- Demonstrates professionalism through appropriate dress and conduct.
- Maintains knowledge and adheres to established organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
- Participates in organizational and departmental goals and performance improvement activities.
- Utilizes strength, agility and stamina to carry out all essential functions safely and effectively, including, but not limited to: carrying needed equipment in and out of the home, performing safe transfers of Seniors/clients as directed by plan of care and physician orders.
- Willingly takes on additional duties during times of peak workload or in response to Senior/client requests.
- Drives from one Senior/client location to another, adapting to changing road and/or weather conditions.
- Evaluates emergency situations, performing CPR when necessary based on training. .
- Maintains, at his/her own expense, a valid RN license. Takes care to complete continuing education requirements in advance of the renewal date.
- Maintains, at his/her own expense, a valid Driver’s License and Automobile insurance at least equal to the state minimums. Provides a reliable vehicle.
- Complies with HIPAA regulations regarding privacy by insuring that Protected Health Information (PHI) is safeguarded at all times. In addition, maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding any matter pertaining to any Tabitha Seniors/clients.
- Consistently uses good body mechanics when performing essential functions, follows appropriate safety and infection control policies and procedures of Tabitha and/or community and regulatory agencies.
- Assures reports of all broken and malfunctioning equipment are made in a timely manner.
- Follows emergency operating procedures, participates in preparedness drills and actual emergencies. Maintains a safe work environment.
- Completes required training and in-services promptly. Demonstrates understanding of the course content and implements training in daily activities.
- Participates in competency training/testing when required.
- Uses critical thinking and evidence based practice to make good decisions that contribute to the wellbeing of the Senior/clients.
- Performs work duties within the assigned work environment related to the position, as assigned by Tabitha, regardless of TEAMember preference.
- Maintains courteous relationship with supervisors, TEAMembers, Seniors/clients, family members, members of other departments and volunteers, providing support and assistance to TEAMembers to ensure quality Senior/client care.
- Volunteers to assist others, seeks opportunities to serve Seniors/clients/loved ones/TEAMembers/Tabitha.
- Demonstrates the ability to listen to Senior/client, TEAMembers, caregiver, family concerns and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the care and treatment of all Seniors/clients.
- Participates in meetings and in-services on both department and company levels.
- Maintains a good record of attendance and punctuality as defined by Tabitha’s policy pertaining to attendance and punctuality. Records all time worked accurately and consistently using the timekeeping method provided by Tabitha.
- Complies with Tabitha policies and procedures as published by Tabitha and which may be modified at Tabitha’s discretion. Contributes to quality assurance and performance improvement activities by identifying instances of non-compliance and taking appropriate action, including reporting violations of Tabitha policy or regulations as appropriate.
- Acts with integrity and in the best interest of Tabitha. Business relationships are conducted in the best interest of Tabitha, free of gifts, cash inducements, gratuities, favors, or other improper inducements.
- Willingly takes on additional duties and/or assignments, assisting with projects and responding to requests as assigned or as necessary.
As a member of the Tabitha team, I will…
…extend unwavering Christian compassion
…build relationships rooted in love, because love matters
…identify, clarify and anticipate needs to exceed expectations
…create an atmosphere of teamwork
…nurture an environment of innovation and growth
…demonstrate confidence, boldness and determination
…devote our time, talent and treasures
…recognize and encourage all accomplishments big and small
COMMUNICATION: Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language including medical terminology related to the job. Sufficient fluency to be able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions, provide instruction to others, read and understand a plan of care, policies, procedures or other similar documentation, interact successfully with Seniors/clients/caregivers, hold a conversation, conduct or participate in meetings, compose professional e-mails or other written communication, prepare legible, accurate and thorough documentation as required by the job and effectively interact with TEAMembers, customers, vendors, volunteers, managers and family members. Ability to recognize and interpret non-verbal cues. Ability to respond calmly and clearly to emergencies and high emotion situations. Ability to read a map and/or utilize a GPS system and/or follow instructions in order to find Senior/client home.
WORKSITE CONDITIONS: Visits Seniors/clients in Assisted Living Facilities (ALF) in the community and in Senior/client homes which vary significantly as far as their state of repair and condition. Potential exposure to dust, tobacco smoke, pets, insects, residual unpleasant odors, vermin, heat/steam (in bathrooms), disinfectants, allergens, infectious waste, communicable diseases, bodily fluids, blood borne pathogens, cleaning products, and personal care products. May be assigned to drive out of service area to support other regions, Seniors/clients. Drives to Senior/client homes to provide care on a daily basis. Exposure to road hazards, extremes in temperature and weather, sun, wind, snow, ice, rain, and various driving conditions which are subject to change without notice. Exposure to unpaved roads, ice and snow covered sidewalks/steps/porches, houses that are too warm or too cold, houses that are not maintained in a sanitary condition, noise from Senior/client televisions/radios, phones. May experience changes in priorities and workload based on needs of Seniors/clients. Occasional exposure to hazardous chemicals. Frequent interaction with Seniors/clients, family members, ALF staff, TEAMembers, visitors, representatives of government agencies, etc. under all conditions and circumstances. This will include exposure to Seniors/clients, family members and TEAMembers who may experience stress and demonstrate a variety of emotions. Seniors/clients, in particular, may become agitated or combative. May work beyond scheduled working hours. Works assigned weekends and holidays. Is subject to extended hours or callback during emergency conditions or situations, based upon needs of the organization.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to drive vehicle from place to place, gain access to each Senior/client home and then safely perform the duties of the job while utilizing standard and specialized equipment, including but not limited to the equipment described below. Physical stamina with the ability to perform duties while moving about one or more Senior/client homes for the entire shift with few opportunities to sit down and with little, or no, break between tasks. Strength and agility sufficient to frequently lift, push, pull, reach, squat, kneel, bend, carry, twist, pinch, grasp, or climb stairs while performing duties, and managing various supplies and equipment. Ability to safely perform a one (1) assist transfer (to and from bed, chair, toilet, commode, bathtub or shower) and otherwise provide care to Seniors/clients who are weak, frail, obese, or unable to assist due to limited mobility, quadriplegia, paraplegia, tremors, paralysis, etc. Ability to remain calm and work effectively when others (such as Seniors/clients, TEAMembers or family members) experience emotional extremes, up to and including Seniors/clients who become combative. Vision and hearing within normal limits (with or without correction). Must have unrestricted ability to lift/push/pull and pass a 50 – pound physical exam demonstrating strength and agility prior to employment and at Tabitha’s discretion.
EQUIPMENT USAGE: Standard and specialized equipment including but not limited to gait belts, bedpans, urinals, wheelchairs, geri – chairs, commodes, shower chairs, blood pressure apparatus, thermometers ambulation equipment (canes, walkers, crutches, etc.), whirlpool, scales (electronic and regular), oximeter, coagucheck meter, glucometer, infusion pump, Doppler, oxygen concentrator, mechanical lift devices, Clinitron bed, Aqua-K pad, braces, splints, side rails, , humidifier, fan, telephone, cell phone, computer, electronic devices, fax machine, and photocopier.
AGE REQUIREMENT: At least age 18.
EDUCATION: Successful completion of a Registered Nurse course of study. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Background in geriatrics, home care, or private duty nursing preferred. One year of experience in health care required.
CREDENTIALS: RN License in good standing as recorded on the Nebraska State Registry or other Nurse Compact state required. CPR required. License must be kept up to date at the expense of the employee. CPR Certification must be kept up to date. Valid Nebraska Driver’s license (unless otherwise allowed by law) and a good driving record required. Must possess auto insurance at or above Nebraska statutory requirements.
STATEMENT OF EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Tabitha Health Care Services is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all employment practices and decisions including recruitment, selection, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, and the termination of employment.
Furthermore, Tabitha Health Care Services will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship, safety, and/or health risk. Please contact Tabitha Health Care Services Human Resources Department to request an accommodation.
As a government contractor, the organization has adopted written Affirmative Action Plans for women and minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. These plans will be revised on an annual basis. Tabitha Health Care Services is committed to making a good-faith effort toward achieving the objectives of the Plans. Any employee who would like to review the Plans may do so by scheduling an appointment with the Human Resources Department during normal business hours.
Click Here To Apply