Deliver products in a tractor trailer or straight truck.
- Conduct oneself in a manner that promotes professionalism within the company and the industry.
- Operate vehicle in a safe and efficient manner as described in established procedures.
- Secure freight products in strict accordance with established procedures.
- Couple and uncouple combination vehicles as required.
- Inspection and minor repair of commercial vehicles by company procedures and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Fuel and re-fuel motorized vehicles in strict accordance with established procedures and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Complete record keeping requirements in strict accordance with established procedures and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Be capable of handling physical requirements of position. This would include, but not be limited to, lifting on a regular basis weights up to 75 lbs., and handling the hooking and unhooking of the trailers including the cranking of the landing gear.
- Engage in other related activities and special projects as may be required or assigned.
- In addition, specific job duties are always evolving to reflect technological changes, as well as other changes made by the employer in response to customer demands.
- Operate a commercial vehicle such as company vans, trucks, tractor-trailers and/or yard trucks used on public roads with a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) or gross or combination thereof, weight rating of 10,001 pounds or more.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees in an appropriate manner.
- Plan, prioritize activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
- Two years’ experience with a Class A CDL, a good MVR and work history. A high school diploma or GED is preferred for driver applicants. Must have a safe driving record.
- Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Demonstrates ability to comply with YLA Core Competencies: Problem Solving & Decision Making, Accountability & Responsibility, Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, and Customer Focus.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short &
Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. performs a key role in keeping world trade moving by offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, reverse logistics, intermodal and multimodal transportation, and supply chain solutions to some of the world’s largest industries. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company’s employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Click Here To Apply