1. Supervises inmate activities in housing units, dining areas, recreation and work areas, and attends to the medical, visitation, personal property, and recreational needs of the inmates.
2. Inspects and patrols the grounds for contraband, unauthorized personnel, and other security risks.
3. Checks in new inmates by assigning accommodations, searching for contraband, issuing clothing, and storing personal property.
4. Observes inmate behavior; counsels with inmates and family about problems; evaluates inmates on room and personal hygiene, attitudes towards employees and other inmates, and sends this evaluation to the counseling department.
5. Attends a variety of meetings such as staff meetings, disciplinary board meetings, and training for riot control, escape prevention, and first aid.
6. Prepares a variety of reports such as daily logs, disciplinary reports, records of inmates’ jobs and pay, daily inmate counts, and requisitions for office supplies.
7. Operates and utilizes a variety of equipment including two-way radios, firearms, mace, electronic gates, television cameras, and may operate motor vehicles.
8. Ensures the safety of residents through the supervision of their daily activity.
9. Breaks up fights or other potentially dangerous situations by persuasion or the use of physical force.
10. Carries out and explains existing policies and procedures to others.
Click Here To Apply