The Health Information Management team is dedicated to going beyond conventional boundaries to exceed client needs. We are a team of highly motivated, self-directed professionals who demonstrate through actions our commitment to total client satisfaction. We contribute to total client satisfaction by preparing for and clarifying client needs, and work closely with other team members to ensure invisible follow-through and timely results.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and at least six months related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
- At least three years of experience is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) is required in absence of at least three years of coding experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The employee shall comply with all safety and health standards, and all rules, regulations, and orders which are applicable to the individual’s own position, actions, and conduct.
- Obtains signatures.
- Updates computer information.
- Performs follow-up on charts.
- Accesses dictation by various means.
- Performs chart retrieval and refiling.
- Performs loose filing.
- Works SQL reports.
- Performs retrospective coding.
- Performs abstracting.
- Corrects errors in monthly reports.
- Performs final chart checks.
- Assigns correct ICD-9 CM and CPT 4 codes for index and billing purposes for outpatient and emergency room records.
- Performs abstracts into various computerized systems.
- Works with physicians to clarify documentation.
- Performs Ambulatory Payment Classification (APC).
- Performs additional duties as required or delegated.
Click Here To Apply