Client Executive, Los Angeles, CA
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary expert resource and first point of contact for clients, which includes research/analysis and handling of wide variety of client questions on coverage/eligibility, contractual issues, and government reporting compliance. Prepares endorsements per client requests. Prepares and provides resource, trend and legal update information to clients on on-going basis. Routine questions are delegated.
- For new and renewal business, analyzes relevant client data (e.g., census/experience data, contractual requirements for insurance), conducts market comparisons by analyzing insurance rate and renewal information and obtaining quotes, strategizes with clients (typically senior-level executives and managers), makes recommendations to clients regarding coverage and exclusions; negotiates premium and commission rates on behalf of clients for best alternatives (with full authority from EPIC to act on its behalf).
- Provides marketing and new business development support to producers, including preparing presentations and proposals, participating in meetings with prospective clients as part of team.
- Conducts marketing and new business development for employee’s book of business.
- Delegates office administrative work to appropriate staff and oversees tasks.
- Lead account team for accounts in assigned book of business, coordinating the efforts of other team members (marketing, account management, employee benefits, branch management, claims, etc.) to produce, service and retain business;
- May have a production goal. Production goals are subject to periodic adjustment by the Company.
- Establishes and maintains primary, on-going business relationship with client and becomes first point of contact for all future client service needs;
- Consistently establishes and maintains high levels of trust and confidence with clients by initiating introductions, through periodic contacts, and by promptly responding and resolving client questions and issues;
- Interface with clients, producers and other team members to develop a comprehensive customer service plan;
- Analyze census and market data to prepare insurance renewal options, meet with clients to strategize, and advise on best alternatives;
- Negotiate with carriers on clients’ behalf for best available premiums, commissions and coverage;
- Handle or provide expert resource to clients regarding open enrollment meetings, including customized material preparation and communication;
- Ensure expert knowledge is maintained and prepare resource information for clients to continually keep informed of benefit trends, State and Federal legislation, rules and regulations; Advise clients on government reporting compliance issues, as appropriate.
- Preparation of Request for Proposal (RFP) for presentation to carriers (or marketing manager on large clients), including analysis of census, current and/or proposed benefit plan designs, market comparison data, and contribution strategies;
- Negotiate with carriers for best available premiums, commissions and coverage;
- Conduct sales presentations as part of team;
- Analyze and provide client referrals to Sales Team for Employee Benefits and Private Client Departments.
Personal and Organizational Development
- Set priorities and manage workflow for self to ensure all goals are met;
- Maintain cordial and effective relationships with clients, co-workers, carriers, vendors, and other business contacts;
- Maintain up-to-date proposals, workflow logs, update all benefits information on agency management system, manuals or other required documentation and records;
- Interact with others effectively utilizing good communication skills, cooperating purposefully, and providing information and guidance as needed to achieve the business goals of the Company;
- Stay informed regarding industry information, new product/program developments, coverages, legislation, technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance;
- Enjoy active participation in community organizations;
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- May supervise Account Manager, Assistant Account Manager
- Full knowledge of commercial lines of coverage and services;
- Demonstrated experience with Agency Management Systems, rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned clients and prospects;
- Advanced knowledge of navigating the Internet as well as various Microsoft Office programs to include
Windows, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher & Excel;
- Strong attention to detail and time management abilities;
- Strong ability to multi-task and assign priority;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both with and without direct supervision;
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- College degree or equivalent experience required;
- Four or more years’ experience in mid-size brokerage or carrier.
One year of direct supervisory experience required.
- Must have working knowledge of a variety of Microsoft Office computer software applications to include word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires teamwork, demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
State Property & Casualty License required;
Valid Driver’s License required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to travel independently to clients; some air travel may be required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT and ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. There is no or very limited exposure to physical risk.
WHY JOIN US?
15th Largest Broker in US
Voted ” Best Place to Work” in the Insurance Industry
Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Vacation Policies, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Click Here To Apply