Interacting With Computers:
- Creates and maintains documents, presentations, and spreadsheets using current software.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates:
- Answers questions to provide assistance and direction regarding policies, procedures, and agency information.
- Provides polite and effective customer service for all individual contacts.
- Types a variety of material of narrative, tabular, statistical and other nature including correspondence, memoranda, abstracts, articles, business, case, legal, medical, and other items.
Scheduling Work and Activities:
- Organizes and coordinates meetings for outside vendors and division staff.
- Prepares files for view by the public.
- Gathers materials necessary for meetings, interviews, and presentations.
- Contacts outside agencies for reference data to ensure accuracy of settlements.
- Retrieves information from files, internet, and databases regarding personnel, payroll, invoices, accounts receivable, etc.
- Researches past purchase orders, contracts, and other items as requested.
- Contacts vendors for price quotes.
- Performs a variety of routine clerical functions such as compiling/assembling information for dissemination.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge:
- Completes necessary training to remain current on computer software used during daily job duties.
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships:
- Maintains relationships with internal and external business partners and the general public.
- Creates documents and e-mails for internal and external communications from copy, rough draft, marginal notes, or verbal instruction.
- Prepares tabulations and performs a variety of figures including timesheets, mileage, etc.
- Performs a variety of routine clerical functions.
- Maintains appointment calendars for office staff.
- Performs record keeping duties including archiving files of various media.
- Makes travel arrangements for office staff.
- Proofreads documents to ensure accuracy of content.
- Distributes work to units and maintains files for executive or supervisor.
- Reserves conference rooms for staff meetings and trainings.
- Processes payment transactions to or from customers.
- Moves and lifts boxes, files, and equipment as needed.
- Files documents and items in both paper and electronic formats according to office preference.
- Submits training requests for office staff.
- Performs a variety of other duties to ensure efficient use of time for office staff.
- Maintains contact lists for both the agency and outside contacts.
- Opening, sorting, sending, and distributing mail.
- Organizes and maintains stock/file room.
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings:
- Audits employee timesheets to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors reports and databases to ensure deadlines and policies are met.
- Monitors employee requisition lists for hiring process including correspondences for interviews.
- Audits business relevant documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors the creation of official forms for submission to the forms committee.
- Tracks payments and correspondence to monitor completeness of the process.
- Monitors outstanding purchasing and requisition orders throughout the entire process.
- Monitors inventory levels of standard office supplies to ensure adequate stock for office functionality.
- Monitors office equipment to ensure proper working condition.
- Scans documents to minimize the need for hard copy storage.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization:
- Answers questions to provide assistance and direction regarding procedures and to provide information by telephone.
- Screens and directs calls and visitors to proper services.
- Communicates by telephone, e-mail, or personal contact.
- Provides polite and effective customer service to all individuals that contact the agency.
- Notifies technicians if office equipment is not functional.
Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material:
- Inspects office equipment to ensure proper working condition
Click Here To Apply