Planned Parenthood of Orange and San Bernardino Counties has a full-time opportunity for an Administrative Medical Assistant in San Bernardino, CA.
Schedule: 4/10 work week which includes one weekend day.
Administrative position responsible for all duties and responsibilities assigned to front office staff. Responsibilities include greeting and checking-in patients, preparing paperwork, scanning paperwork, determining payer source, collection of fees/receipts and donations, collection of IDs, phone answering, and scheduling. Must provide excellent customer service in a non-judgmental, empathetic manner.
At PPOSBC, we understand the importance of a well-rounded benefits program and are dedicated to providing you with unique benefits that meet the needs of you and your family. We are proud to offer a range of plans that help protect you in the case of illness or injury including:
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and eligible dependents, life insurance, and long term disability.
- Benefits coverage starts after one full month of employment!
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits!
- Generous 401(k) matching contributions and more!
To view our detailed benefits guide, please visit our career site at www.pposbccareers.org
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Adhere to agency’s policies, procedures and protocols. This may include successfully completing agency, regional and/or state certification requirements.
- Adhere to affiliate goals and policies on professionalism, wait time in-clinic and on the system for addressing client complaints.
- Participate in health center efforts to achieve established goals for productivity.
- Participate in health center/affiliate efforts to achieve established revenue cycle goals.
Perform the following functions:
- Greet patients, answer phones, refer calls, schedule appointments
- Prepare charts, check for completeness, errors, signature and appropriate assembly
- Input and update computer patient data information accurately.
- Maintain patient records
- Assess client finances, which may include verifying insurance, health plan authorization, Medi-Cal cards with picture ID, collecting fees per agency guidelines, complete appropriate forms and obtain signatures per agency policy.
- Collect donations and patient satisfaction surveys per agency guidelines.
- Complete related financial/statistical paperwork for clients.
- Monitor clinic flow.
- Schedule appointments for family planning including but not limited to contraceptives and abortion services.
- Perform clerical and administrative duties, as required by manager.
- High school diploma or other education plus experience required.
- 1-3 years of continued job experience required.
- Healthcare or general receptionist experience required.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred, but not required. Some positions require bilingual skills (reading, writing, and speaking). If required, candidate will be tested for proficiency prior to offer.
Planned Parenthood/Orange and San Bernardino Counties is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, equal pay, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, military, veteran status or any other federal or state protected class. We are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive workplace that values diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Click Here To Apply