REM Minnesota, a partner of The MENTOR Network, provides services for Individuals with intellectual and development disabilities, Traumatic Brain Injury, Autism, and other complex needs.
Designs, develops, implements and conducts training programs in support of field operations. Uses independent judgment to determine appropriate modalities to apply to training. May oversee, evaluate and coordinate the work of other training staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Identifies training needs and develops/implements training programs to address those needs. Conducts regular reviews of program operations to assure training programs are in compliance with established standards, licensing requirements and internal operating practices.
- Delivers instruction using multiple modalities including but not limited to: one-on-one, classroom, teleconferencing, web-based training, and computer-based training. Collaborates with other internal training experts and HR on training program delivery.
- Creates and assists with implementation of changes to training in adherence to additions/updates of regulations as needed.
- Monitors, evaluates and records training activities and program effectiveness. Ensures ongoing feedback of training programs and modifies programs as needed.
- Participates in team meetings, staff meetings and program office meetings.
- Ensures that the agency’s training curriculum for CPR, medication administration, and first aid, for example, meets local, state and/or federal training requirements.
- May assist manager in the supervision and evaluation of trainer performance and refer trainers to classes for skill development. May facilitate training for Mentors.
- Evaluates and assists with the design of training materials such as manuals, handouts, course exercises and visual aids. Maintains training materials that are contemporary with licensing requirements, policies and procedures, and accepted medical practices.
- Confers with management and staff to identify specific skill/knowledge gaps, training objectives, work situations and changes in policies and procedures.
- Confers with management, internal training consultants and HR to identify additional training needs, as required for new staff.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of related experience preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Current driver’s license, car registration, and auto insurance.
- Ability to travel across the state to provide in-person training.
- Experience working with individuals with IDD/Autism. TBI, Mental Health issues preferred.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of training experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
Why Join Us?
- Full-time position.
- Full compensation/benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Paid time off, holiday pay, annual bonus plan.
- Rewarding work, impacting the lives of those you serve, working alongside a great team of coworkers.
- Enjoy job security with nationwide career development and advancement opportunities.
Come join our amazing team of committed and caring professionals. Apply Today!
The MENTOR Network is a national network of local health and human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. At The MENTOR Network, our core values—Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Growth—and the behaviors that define them, guide how we interact with each other and how we approach our work. As an organization of people serving people in nearly 40 states, you’ll have opportunities from coast to coast.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets
Click Here To Apply