Are you passionate about starting your career with an organization that values integrity, dedication, and hard work every day? If you are ready to join a reputable independent company with a 100-year history of success, Grede is the place for you, and we value all our employees and their roles as an important part of our united team.
At Grede our mission is to drive industry-leading design and manufacturing solutions in key markets that lead to increase partner value. As the premier ductile, gray and specialty iron casting provider, we have broad capabilities across multiple product lines that can deliver efficient, powerful, and innovative solutions for its customers. We deliver world-class value to our customers and associates through teamwork, communication, innovation, operational excellence, safety, and continuous improvement!
The Safety Lead will assist with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of workplace injuries. They will provide administrative support for the Environment, Health, and Safety Department.
Coordinate activities relating to the administration of the safety program.
- Coordinate activities relating to the administration of the safety program.
- Provide first-aid care to 2nd shift employees in accordance with accepted practice and Company policy, which may include driving employees to the nearest occupational healthcare clinic/urgent care.
- Conduct EHS training as required by OSHA and company trainings.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties in support of the safety and human resources department.
- Track open items using computer-based software.
- Conduct inspections of the workplace to identify and abate hazards to prevent injury and to ensure compliance with governmental regulations.
- Exhibit superior safety practices every day always evidenced by outstanding housekeeping.
- Assist department supervisor and managers to resolve safety concerns and/or issues.
- Assist industrial hygiene testing, record keeping, and follow-up activities.
- Provide updates for monthly safety committee meetings.
- Able to work overtime as assigned.
- Must be able to wear required PPE.
- Bachelor’s degre preferred or equivalent experience – at least 1 year.
- Must be able to work 2nd shift.
- Manufacturing experience is preferred but not necessary.
- Competitive wages and benefits
- Low-cost comprehensive insurance plans
- Paid vacations and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Click Here To Apply