JOIN OUR TEAM!
Seeking to make a difference in the lives of your students?
If yes, we invite you to apply to join the Hmong College Prep Academy team. As an HCPA team member, you will help prepare students to be rich in experiences, culture, knowledge, and pride. You will also play a key role to ensure students are ready for the challenges of college and beyond.
Hmong College Prep Academy’s mission is to provide the best integrated, challenging, and well-rounded educational experience to students in grades K-12. We are currently seeking a dedicated and energetic middle school science teacherto join our growing school.
The ideal candidate will have a current MN teaching license for the appropriate grade level and subject content, 3+ years of teaching experience, and experience working with children of diverse ethnic backgrounds in an urban school setting.
This science teacher will be instrumental in creating a flexible science/STEM program and classroom environment favorable to learning and personal growth. They will motivate students to develop the skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for life after high school and a post-secondary education. They will build rapport and establish good relationships with students, parents, staff members and the community.
Hmong College Prep Academy stands out as a high-quality school for both teachers and students and demonstrates this in many ways:
· Low 25:1 teacher/student ratio
· Strong technology focus with 1:1 Chomebooks/iPad for students
· Student uniform policy
· Robust professional development and mentoring program for teachers
· Recognized by the Minnesota Department of Education as a Celebration School
· Academic and extracurricular activities such as National Honor Society, Robotics, Band, Choir, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Bass Fishing Team and more!
· Interactive and fun events including World Culture Day, Talent Show and Warrior Days
· College preparation programs and activities, such as a spring break college visits, college and career fairs
We provide competitive pay and benefits, including:
- An employee benefit package that includes coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D, long term disability.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Matching funds for TRA and PERA retirement plans
- Sign-on bonus of $2000!
For details on the benefits program go to: HCPA Benefits
To apply or check out other opportunities, go to: Join Our Team
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hmong College Prep Academy District is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $39,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching Certification (Required)
- Science license (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply