Health & Safety Professional
We are in search of our next great hire as an Occupational Health & Safety Professional to join our team of professionals working in Center City Philadelphia, PA. As a Health and Safety Professional you’ll be providing day-to-day support to city wide safety programs.
If the description below sounds like you, Apply Now!
- Supporting city-wide occupational health and incident data analyses programs
- Conduct incident trend analyses and make recommendations for reducing claim
- Develop and assist to deliver employee training in a wide variety of settings
- Anticipate and identify health and safety hazards in the workplace.
- Conduct inspections, surveys, assessments, and investigations and recommend measures to control hazards and ensure occupational safety.
- Utilize a variety of equipment used to measure hazards
- Prepare and effectively present comprehensive written and oral reports.
- Enlist cooperation of departmental officials to effect sound occupational safety practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, administration, professionals, line-employees, outside agencies and contractors, and the public.
- Develop, conduct, and coordinate safety training and educational programs
- Handle multiple projects and manage challenging workload.
- Produce quality work with attention to detail.
- Assist in developing and maintaining occupational safety programs.
- The methods of developing, planning and implementing safety education programs.
- A BS in Occupational Health and Safety or a related field is preferred, or equivalent years of experience.
- Experience working within the public sector preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Experience with reporting on data analytics.
- Ability to work in diverse environments within the field, regionally within the city limits.
- Be self-motivated, reliable, and work independently, with minimal supervision
- Display strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- The safety and health programs, includes the following, but not limited to: Indoor Air Quality, Ergonomics, Respiratory Protection, Safety Committees, Lockout/Tagout, Hazardous Communication, Fire Safety and Emergency Evacuation, Confined Spaces, Hearing Conservation, Pathogens, and other aspects of safety.
- Must be able to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
- Direct experience managing the safety program of a fleet of vehicles would be a big plus.
Physical Requirements and Office Environment:
Perform the duties and work in the environmental conditions required of this position, which may require physical effort of lifting 60lbs. Requires both office and field work within the limits of the City of Philadelphia, Pa.
Here’s what we have to offer:
- To be a part of an organization that knows the importance on building an amazing team.
- Professional Development and Company Paid Training
- Competitive Compensation Based on Experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401K, etc.
- Paid Holidays and Generous PTO Package
The Health and Safety Specialist will work cross functionally with departmental managers, supervisors, employees, union representatives, safety administrators, and consultants to investigate potential health and safety hazards, communicate findings and corrective actions, and enlist support and cooperation for centralized and departmental safety programs.
Looking forward getting to know you…
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- What is your desired compensation range?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Health & Safety: 3 years (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply