DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR’s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the satisfaction of our clients.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
Job Description: DLZ Corporation currently has an Entry Level Environmental Geologist / Hydrogeologist opening in Lansing, MI.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in a team setting, to perform environmental and/or geological assignments of a varied nature, requiring a solid understanding of environmental and scientific principles, and regulatory requirements applicable to specific investigations or studies; and the exercise of professional judgment.
- May assume lead role in a segment of a project and/or coordinating work of specialty groups related to assigned project.
- Perform work with general guidance and supervision or provide support to more experienced personnel. Responsible for projects of minor to moderate complexity.
- Conduct all aspects of transaction due diligence projects including Phase I ESAs, Phase II Investigations, and requests for Comfort Letter documentation.
- Review title, regulatory, governmental and historical data from available sources to establish property history, including personal contact with individuals and officials. Perform site reconnaissance, physical inspections, surveying, and data collection as needed.
- Accurately log, classify, and sample soils for a wide range of environmental projects involving solid and/or hazardous waste sites, underground storage tank sites, and other sites involving petroleum fuel releases.
- Lay out borings, clear utilities, communicate drilling requirements to necessary staff, and coordinate drilling activities with drill crews.
- Perform on-site monitoring, supervision, and documentation of underground storage tank (UST) closure, corrective actions, and other field activities at solid and/or hazardous waste sites.
- Supervise and coordinate groundwater monitoring well installation; perform well development, purging and sampling, along with necessary field measurements.
- Assist in a variety of environmental investigations collecting and evaluating geological and hydrogeological information for ultimate site characterization and contaminant mitigation.
- Assist in conducting geophysical surveys, soil-gas surveys and explosive gas monitoring surveys.
- Assist in the preparation of feasibility studies, technical reports, design documents and proposal preparation.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in geology, hydrogeology, or related engineering field
- 0 – 2 years relevant experience
- OSHA 40 Hour Training and applicable 8 Hour refresher updates beneficial
- Experience with Hydrogeology modeling and statistics
- Asbestos and lead awareness training useful
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time for field work with overnight stays occasionally required.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record, and the ability to pass a background investigation and drug testing.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
DLZ: At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws. #LI-DM1
Location: 1425 Keystone Ave, Lansing, MI 48911
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply