High Plains Senior Care Hospice is looking for a comparing compassionate certified home health aide to come join this winning team. Competitive wages.
The home health aide provides personal care and related services in the home. She/he functions under the direction, instruction and supervision of the staff nurse and the Director of Nursing and/or appropriate supervisor.
Preferable a high school diploma or equivalent. Personal care service personnel successfully complete a minimum of 75 hours of training which includes an introduction to home health aide services and/or CNA certificate and a knowledge of:
Overall responsibilities and limitations
- Assisting clients to achieve maximum self-reliance
- Communication techniques
- Client’s rights including ethics and confidentiality of care
- Observation of client status
- The physical and developmental characteristics of clients served by the Home Health Aide
- Basic elements of body function
- Reading and recording temperature, pulse, and respiration
- Recognizing emergencies and appropriate response in an emergency
- Is able to deal with emotional problems of illness, the aged, chronically ill, disabled, and the acutely ill clients
- Has knowledge of nutrition, fluid intake, and meal preparation
- Has knowledge of bathing and personal care techniques for patients who are ill
- Has knowledge of how to maintain skin integrity
- Has knowledge of infection control
- Has knowledge of transfers, ambulation and positioning of ill patients
- Is able to maintain a clean, safe and healthful environment for all clients
- Has knowledge of changes in condition that must be reported to supervising nurse
- Is knowledgeable of appropriate documentation records
- Observes and understands the physical, emotional, and developmental needs of and ways to work with the populations served including the need for respect and privacy for the patient and his or her property.
Tasks to be performed by an HHA must be assigned by and performed under the supervision of an RN who will be responsible for the patient care provided by the HHA. Under no circumstances may an HHA be assigned to receive or reduce any intravenous procedures involving the use of nasogastric tubes or Foley catheters or any other sterile or invasive procedure, other than rectal temperatures or enemas. Except as otherwise noted, duties of the HHA includes the following:
- Follows the plan of care and utilizes the above teaching to provide safe, competent care to the client providing the following:
- Helps the patient to maintain good personal hygiene.
- Assists in maintaining a healthful, safe environment
- Encourages the patient to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan
- Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the patient and other members of the household.
- Prepares a daily visit sheet for the names and times of patient visits and turns it in timely.
- Reports any change in the patient’s mental or physical condition or in his home situation to her immediate supervisor, the staff nurse, or to the aide supervisor.
- Works with personnel of other community agencies involved in the patient’s care as directed by the staff nurse.
- Attends in-service as required by state and federal regulations.
- Notifying the Agency of absences due to illness, emergency leave, normal vacation periods, or special professional meetings which will affect agreed service with the Agency.
- Maintains a clean, safe and healthy work environment
The position requires the ability to travel extensively in a geographic area. If traveling is by automobile, a copy of driver’s license must be supplied. Must be able to access client’s homes which will not be routinely wheelchair accessible. Hearing, eyesight and physical dexterity must be sufficient to perform a physical assessment of the client’s condition and to perform and demonstrate client care. There must be the ability to give and receive information orally. On occasion, may be required to bend, stoop, reach and move client weight to up to 250 pounds; lift and/or carry up to 50 pounds.
Must have knowledge of and be able to operate a blood pressure cuff, thermometer and a stethoscope.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
PPE provided, Follow CDC recommentations
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CNA (Required)
- Multiple locations
Click Here To Apply