NV5 (NASDAQ: NVEE) is a provider of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients, delivering solutions through six business verticals: Testing, Inspection & Consulting; Infrastructure; Utility Services; Environmental Health Sciences; Buildings & Program Management; and Geospatial Technology. With offices nationwide and abroad, NV5 helps clients plan, design, build, test, certify, and operate projects that improve the communities where we live and work.
As engineers, architects, construction/program managers, environmental professionals and beyond, we play a significant role in shaping our communities through the services we provide. We are looking for passionate, driven individuals to join our team focused on Delivering Solutions and Improving Lives.
An Assistant Project Manager contributes to oversight of the design and construction of power delivery projects. This role supports multiple projects simultaneously and provides client interface in collaboration with project managers. Additionally, this role requires excellent written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of various project teams. The Assistant PM coordinates with small project teams to assure project schedules and budgets are met while providing exceptional customer service and quality in deliverables to our clients. Experience in public utility design and construction, as well as experience with business management, are desired.
- Responsible for coordination and delivery of projects within the Power Delivery Group
- Consistently work in cooperation with numerous individuals and project teams both in person and across the country by leveraging technology and project management tools for communication and coordination
- Attend meetings for projects you have been assigned (internal and external) per the direction of the project manager
- Learn how to run/facilitate internal project meetings in absence or in support of the project manager
- Assist in keeping track of project schedules and deliverables for projects which you are assigned, and follow up with team members to maintain project schedule and communication
- Maintain a high level of communication within each given project team and externally to the client. This includes written (project emails, meeting minutes, proposals) and verbal (documentation of conference calls) communication
- Begin learning the skills needed to facilitate external (client) meetings and become comfortable with the language/concepts/and disciplines of the Power Delivery industry (long-term goal)
- Assist the project manager in in creating and updating project plans and producing project performance reports using Deltek Vision or other appropriate software
- Use specialized project management and document tracking software
- Be self-motivated and focused on meeting client expectations and work effectively with others
- Work with Power Delivery Group leadership and project managers to balance the total flow of work through the group
- Strive for continuous improvement by identifying and integrating “best practice” approaches and standardization
- Assist the project manager in maintaining and applying a rigorous program of quality assurance and quality control; alert the project manager to instances of quality breaches; participate in project post-mortems
- Assist project managers and other Power Delivery technical staff with proposal development
- Able to fulfill assignments that require independent judgment and evaluation
- Able to work with minimal supervision while completing assignments that require independent judgement and evaluation
- Travel to client sites as needed in support of the project manager (less than 10% travel is anticipated)
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple assignments under budget and time constraints.
- Demonstrate organization and leadership skills by leading small project teams.
- Some demonstrated experience managing documents for larger projects and familiarity with financial management/project budgets.
- Strong skills in MS Office
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desired Qualifications:
- PMP certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience
- Experience with scheduling software such as Microsoft Project and Primavera P6
- Working knowledge of client and industry design and construction standards desired
- Evaluation is based, in part, on the timely, accurate completion of work
NV5 offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, PTO, 401(k) and professional development/advancement opportunities.
NV5 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, creed, citizenship status, ancestry, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NV5 complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Click Here To Apply