Extraordinary Care. Extraordinary Careers.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
Option Care Health, Inc. is the largest independent home and alternate site infusion services provider in the United States. With over 6,000 team members including 2,900 clinicians, we work compassionately to elevate standards of care for patients with acute and chronic conditions in all 50 states. Through our clinical leadership, expertise and national scale, Option Care Health is re-imagining the infusion care experience for patients, customers and employees.
At Option Care Health we recognize that part of being extraordinary is supporting and building a workforce that is as diverse as the patients and communities we serve.
Join a company that is taking action to develop a culture that is more inclusive, respectful, engaging and rewarding for all team members. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining a diverse workforce.
Job Description Summary:
A Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for the daily flow of clinical supplies between the pharmacy and nursing departments. Functions to support the pharmacy and nursing departments by working with the PSR’s and clinicians to ensure that all patients/customers receive timely, accurate deliveries of supplies and medication as directed. Responsible for inventory sourcing, purchasing, and maintaining products. Maintains the inventory in compliance with legal standards and Option Care policies and procedures. Responsible for tracking and managing all pumps.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Directs patient contact to ascertain supply needs as designated by the clinician and establish relationship with client. Communicates information to appropriate personnel and document accordingly. Generates patient orders on system.
- Picks and packages all patient supplies to ensure a zero defect in all shipments. Coordinates deliveries with all involved parties, including nursing, pharmacy, couriers and patients. Tracks all orders, deliveries, and exceptions, and reconciles issues with the appropriate department. Communicates with Nurse and Pharmacist to ensure availability of patient supplies and confirms deliveries. Delivers drugs and supplies for inventory, following correct purchasing procedures.
- Maintains accurate inventory. Accountable for discrepancies. Participates in physical inventory. Implements “inventory control” and establishes minimum order quantity amounts. Responsible for the input of all drugs, lot numbers, supplies, and expiration dates into the inventory tracking system. Ensure expired or recalled items are removed from circulation and are returned to suppliers when applicable. Ensures proper rotation and maintenance of inventory. Appropriately handle disposal of medical and pharmacy waste through stericycle process.
- Responsible for the procurement, input and tracking of infusion pumps, maintaining company mandated levels of equipment. Manages the reclamation of pump inventory from patient homes.
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized work environment at all times.
- Assists with training and orientation of new staff.
- Participates in the process for assessing, managing, and reporting medication-related incidents and equipment error and/or failures. Accurately completes QAR forms and forwards them to the general manager.
- Accepts other responsibilities and duties that may be assigned by the General Manager.
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Maintains a current, valid driver’s license and liability insurance in the state of employment.
- Experience communicating both verbally on phone, one-on-one and in writing emails, letters, reports, to various audiences work group, team, company management, external vendors.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc).
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications).
Travel Requirements: (if required)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
- Prior experience working in a warehouse or delivery setting.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care Health subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Posted: Jul 16, 2021
Click Here To Apply