If you are looking for a great position with a fantastic nursing team, Wolf Creek Care Center is the place for you!!! We are in need of an LVN for our NOC shift to help us grow and succeed.
We are a 59 bed SNF located in BEAUTIFUL Grass Valley, CA. We are looking for a dedicated, hard working, experienced LVN. If you are looking for a place where you can make a huge difference, please apply!!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists the Director of Nursing with any tasks that are assigned
- Perform assigned resident care duties in a manner that provides for the physical, psycho-social, and spiritual needs of the residents * Assist the Wellness Director to complete assessments by gathering data in a timely manner, incorporating functional/development age factors into the assessment process
- Work collaboratively with the resident/family and department heads to develop an individualized plan of care for each resident
- Demonstrate sound clinical judgment in the implementation, and evaluation of the nursing aspects of resident care
- Proficiently and accurately monitor and report resident condition changes to the Wellness Director
- Follow through on resident care services needed to meet the individualized needs of each resident
- Administer medications in a proficient manner, if needed
- Participate in the identification of resident/family educational needs and provide individualized teaching which considers the needs of the resident, including monitoring and documenting the effectiveness of the education provided
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and respect for, the rights, dignity and individuality of each resident in all interactions
- Appreciates the importance of maintaining confidentiality of resident and community information
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times in the care and use of resident and facility property
- Must be able to key information into computer systems
- Proficiently provides care in emergency situations and follows established emergency procedures and practices
- Maintain knowledge of, and implement resident care activities to promote, maintain, and/or restore health for assigned residents
- Assure that the rights of residents are respected and maintained by allowing for privacy and dignity in the provision of care 2
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills with residents, families, physicians, additional healthcare providers, and co-workers
- Timely, accurately, and thoroughly prepare documentation in a manner that conforms to prescribed style and format, and to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business facility
- Other duties as assigned
Education: LVN graduate from an accredited School of Nursing License: Current, valid LVN licensure to practice in the state Current BCLS certification Work Experience: Minimum 6 months prior LVN experience in the past 2 years Language Skills:
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical information, and to be easily understood through verbal communication in the English language. Mathematical Skills:
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement, and volume. Communication Skills: * Must have exceptional communication and customer service skills, and be empathetic.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families, responsible parties, staff and outside resources and agencies.
PHYSICAL CAPACITIES: (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
Continuous bending, squatting, twisting and reaching.
Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetic that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which includes an annual TB screening and physical examination.
Must be able to stand for and walk for extended periods of time.
Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
Requires infrequent lifting of weight up to 100 pounds with assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $33.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Night shift
- Signing bonus
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Grass Valley, CA 95945: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- LVN (Required)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- LPN (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply