X-ray tech/Medical Assistant
Must have X-ray certification (RT, LMRT or NCT)
Position Summary: Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a medical provider. Must have some sort of x-ray certification. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing, and coding information for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a provider.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the provider.
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physicians’ instructions to patients.
- Help providers examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Operate x-ray and/or x-ray computer, electrocardiogram (EKG), or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Change dressings on wounds.
- Set up medical laboratory equipment.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, or completing insurance forms.
- Greet and log in patients arriving at office or clinic.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Inventory and order medical, lab, or office supplies or equipment.
- Properly document all logbooks in accordance with established policies.
- Ensure log books are utilized and kept up to date
- Other duties as assigned.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Empathetic – Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Responsible – Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Ethical – Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity – Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Tactful – Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Initiative – Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Judgment – The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Organized – Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability – The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
Skills & AbilitiesEducation: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)NCT, LMRT or RT(R) X-Ray LicenseExperience: 6 months to 1 year related experienceComputer Skills: Microsoft Office
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Urgent Care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- X-ray license (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply