Superintendent – Healthcare
Asa Carlton, Inc., a commercial construction company headquartered in Buford, GA, currently has an opening for a Commercial Construction Superintendent. We are seeking candidates with extensive experience in the Healthcare sector, with specialization in interior construction and renovation projects, specialty interior projects, and specialty ground-up construction projects. This candidate will be responsible for managing projects nationwide across the entire US.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for on-site management of clinical and non-clinical renovation and new construction projects
- Supervising, managing, and working with teams traveling to locations throughout the US
- Responsible for coordinating and completing specific projects on time, within budget with a keen eye for quality, safety, and production.
- Oversight of documentation and records of jobsite/construction activities.
- Administration/Reporting: Web-based accurate and timely reporting, daily field reports, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
- Coordination with onsite client representative
- Performs safety audits, tracks and receives material deliveries
- Promotes positive employee relations and supports company policies and procedures.
- Ensures all work is performed safely in compliance with all safety policies and procedures.
- Become a subject matter expert of our Client?s organization, operational goals, and culture
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, and key team members to ensure that project specifications are met
- Manage process to obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Comply with building codes as well as legal requirements of authorities having jurisdiction
- Keep all stakeholders aware of the progress of projects and prepare detailed progress reports regularly
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Understand and follow company policy, processes, and procedures
- Maintains and organizes a clean job site.
- Candidate must have a proven record at successfully competing projects on time and with a high level of quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ideal candidate is highly detail oriented, strong problem solver and possess the ability to work with sub-contractors, owner representatives, city officials and design/ engineering professionals at all levels.
- 5 to 10 years of direct and successful on-site management of a variety of complex healthcare construction projects, experience working in clinical environments, active surgical centers, hospitals, etc. is required
- Medical office projects and non-clinical experience is also a plus
- Demonstrated achievements in managing construction projects in a complex healthcare setting
- Familiarity with healthcare building codes and Healthcare Guidelines
- Strong understanding of infection control principles as well as safety guidelines and procedures within a clinical environment
- Ability to read, understand and apply standard to complex documents affecting healthcare construction projects.
- Understanding of process improvement, LEAN, sustainable, green building design, and construction is a plus
- Certifications in healthcare construction from American Hospital Association, ASHE, or preferably CHC certification
- OSHA 10 Hour (minimum)
- Must have the ability to push, pull, and lift material up to 50 pounds and perform tasks that involve stooping, walking, bending, searching for items and standing for periods of time
- Must have strong self-management skills
- Must demonstrate good judgment and show respect for others
- Must own, have the knowledge of, and the ability to use hand tools including power tools
- Must be able to travel to any US work location
Asa Carlton is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick and Public Holidays)
Click Here To Apply