Must have structured cabling experience including pulling/testing/certifying copper and fiber.
The Lead Communications Technician will act as the on-site coordinator and crew supervisor for voice and data installation projects. The Lead Comm Tech’s task will be to ensure job completion according to company and customer quality and safety requirements while maintaining the efficiency of the staff assigned to the project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Lead Communications Technician will consistently run major project crews; assume responsibility for effective performance and provide necessary training; assume responsibility for adherence to Company and customer safety and quality guidelines and hold weekly safety meetings; initiate performance related communications and escalate to Project Manager if necessary.
- The Lead Communications Technician coordinates with Project Manager to ensure productivity, job completion and compliance with project budget.
- The Lead Communications Technician fully completes all IES COMMERCIAL and project paperwork accurately and on time (specifically timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required).
- The Lead Communications Technician will perform quality checks; coordinate moves and cut sheets for voice and data cross connects; prepare red-lined as-built drawings.
- The Lead Communications Technician serves as main on-site customer contact for questions and/or concerns; attend facility and constructions meetings when required.
- The Lead Communications Technician performs work consistently demonstrating a detailed level of technical knowledge; troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise.
- The Lead Communications Technician will complete other responsibilities as assigned.
- Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, cable stripper, flashlight and gloves. Punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, Krone/3M/BIX, butt set, volt-ohmmeter, 4-pair continuity tester and 5-gang punch tool.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The Lead Communications Technician must be self-motivated, positive in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement project process improvement(s).
- The Lead Communications Technician must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- The Lead Communications Technician must be able to act as the Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
- The Lead Communications Technician must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- The Lead Communications Technician must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
- The Lead Communications Technician must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- The Lead Communications Technician must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED equivalency.
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of experience in telecommunications or related technical field.
- Must be able to terminate fiber.
- Must possess a minimum of six (6) months supervisory and/or managerial experience.
- Must possess and be able to effectively use the tools listed above.
- Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must know the universal communications color codes.
- Must possess and be proficient with the listed tools
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES’s 2020 fiscal year ending September 30, 2020, IES produced over $1.19 billion in revenue and employed over 5000 employees at over 79 domestic locations across the United States. IES is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Females. Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans Encouraged to Apply.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
- Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
- Safety is Priority One – and our record shows it
- Competitive Pay
- Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
- Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
- Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
- Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Multiple locations
Click Here To Apply