Status: Full Time
Shift: Hours vary; position will cover events at Chappapeela Sports Park as well High School athletics
Direct care of athletes on playing field/court during practice and/or game situations. Performs evaluations and formulates treatment plans for injured athletes. Coordinates organized schedules for subordinates for coverage of all sports. Maintains necessary clerical duties in the sports clinic in addition to charts and computer files. Conducts athletic enhancement programs.
Graduate of an accredited athletic training program.
Sufficient experience as a staff ATC with some supervisory skills.
Experience in all contact sport
State licensure required
Intermittent exertion in positioning, lifting, transferring patients, equipment or other materials.
Total body lifts onto a stretcher of injured athletes. Walking and standing predominant although intermittent running required sometimes with emergencies.
Athletic Trainer is classified as D.O.T. 153.224-010 with a physical demand level of Medium.
- Provide athletic trainer services.
- May evaluate on-field injuries, record data and formulate plans as outlined by ATC practice act.
- Demonstrate an understanding of emergency care and critical injuries sustained during athletic events.Administer and assist with such treatments as exercises, gait training, massage, whirlpool, hot packs, diathermy, ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ice packs, traction, wound care, bracing, taping and splinting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the diagnosis, precautions, and contraindications associated with all the aspects of patient care.
- Coordinates with physical and/or occupational therapist and physicians on any changes in care plan based on assessment of patient status, patient progression/regression towards achieving goals, response to treatment and changes in patient status.Instruct patient and family in procedures or activities based on plan of care per physician orders.
- Determine appropriate discharge time from treatment in conjunction with physician assessment.
- Determine readiness of athlete to return to play through functional testing.
- Prepares any written documentation required by department.
- Communicate observations, facts, and comments with interdisciplinary team members individually and through team meeting presentations.
- Coordinate client care and event coverage with fellow ATC’s under direction of supervisor.
- Provide the care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
- Maintains appointment books, logs, charge cards/records and schedules as necessary for the daily operations of the sports clinic.
- Maintains and distributes appropriate supplies including linens, bandages, cleaning supplies and assistive devices.
- Maintains cleanliness of department, treatment areas and equipment.
- Performs clerical duties such as writing patient charges, answering telephones and other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Maintains open communication lines with coaches, principles and parents about progress of athlete under care of the Sports Medicine Program.
- Contact appropriate physicians to attain orders for injured athletes as directed by supervisor.
- Complies with department policies, procedures, objectives, safety, environmental, infection control and quality assurance programs.
- Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings and attends other meetings that are required.Performs other duties as directed by supervisor in reverence to sports medicine.
- Communicates at an appropriate level necessary for interaction with all hospital personnel.
- Coordinates testing of high school students participating in the sports medicine educational program.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of physical day, which includes signage, communication with coaches, supplies and assistance with finding volunteers.
- Coordinates the yearly meeting for coaches for the purpose of briefing them on the physical day and any new information concerning the program.
- Coordinates yearly in-services to graduate assistants for emergency care and packaging of spinal cord injured athletes.Provides ATC coverage for special NOHS events decided upon by supervisor.
- Follow North Oaks Health System’s Compliance Program and Federal and State Regulatory guidelines
Click Here To Apply