Astronics-PECO, located in Clackamas, Oregon, designs and manufactures highly engineered commercial aerospace interior components and systems for the aerospace industry. We specialize in Passenger Service Units (PSUs) which incorporate air handling, emergency oxygen, electrical power management and cabin lighting systems. We also manufacture a wide range of fuel tank access doors that meet stringent strength, fuel sealing and anti-corrosion requirements.
The purpose of this position is to support the Quality Department by creating and optimizing C.M.M programs and Fixtures capable of inspecting precision components for development and qualification purposes, while ensuring all customer and company requirements are satisfied.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Will include the following duties and others as assigned.
- Generate CMM programs, using Zeiss Calypso CMM software, based upon product Model or Digital Data.
- Inspect production parts at start-up, in process, and final inspection against controlled CMM program.
- Analyze CMM data and clearly report findings to Engineering and Production personnel.
- Review and optimize current CMM programs in conjunction with NPI CMM Programmer.
- Generate AS9102 First Article Reports using Net Inspect and Inspection Xpert ballooning software.
- Interpret blueprints to determine dimensions and tolerance specifications per Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Proficiently use hand measurement tools such as calipers, height gages, micrometers, thread gauges, go/no-go pins and other measuring tools and equipment.
- Interact with shop floor Production, Casting, CNC and Molding, and support quality inspections and prioritization through use of dispatch or Hot List notifications.
- Communication of nonconformities using Discrepant Material Reports (DMRs).
- Update electronic inspection reports.
- Operate Oxford Foundry-Master Optimum Optical Emission Spectrometer to analyze aluminum, titanium and stainless-steel alloy chemistries.
- Attend Quality Manual Standards Training and applies Quality Standard accordingly.
- Observe safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment and materials properly.
- Report consistently to work in a timely manner. Able to work an eight-hour shift with overtime, as required.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND/OR ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below each are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience with Calypso software (Advanced training) required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Familiar and proficient with hand measurement tools such as calipers, height gages, micrometers, thread gauges, go/no-go pins and other measuring tools and equipment.
- Excellent GD&T skills (ASME Y14.5).
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where standardized situations.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Competitive benefits for this union position include full medical benefits, pension, paid vacation and 11 paid holidays.
PECO is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide a drug free work environment requiring all employees to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal records check. Local candidates are preferred.
Click Here To Apply