Senior Systems Administrator
Check out this great opportunity to join one of GDIT’s fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation Systems eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator that is able to work independently – please read below!
- The ideal candidate would have up to date experience/certifications for NetApp storage (EMC storage experience would be OK), VMware and Microsoft Server 2016.
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Maintains the integrity and security of systems.
- As required supports users with completing requests for deployment of new services.
- Maintains system documentation
- Provides desk side support to users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- May program in an administrative language.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Knowledge of related hardware and software.
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
- Will occasionally be required to perform networks, DTS, information assurance and logistics duties.
- 5+ years of experience required.
- Must possess and maintain a Secret clearance
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required.
This position is deemed a DoD IA Workforce, IAT Level II position and requires 8570/8140 compliance. A candidate must meet the following requirements:
- TS/SCI prefer
- Experience supporting multinational customers preferred.
- Experience operating in deployed environments preferred.
- Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
This position may be required to complete short-term deployments to austere locations worldwide. Candidate will be expected to live alongside deployed military personnel in military provided accommodation. Housing options include, but are not limited to; open bay tents and multi-personnel containerized housing units “CHUs”.
This position is supporting a fluid military missions. You may be required to relocate (temporarily or permanently) to different operating locations within the CENTCOM AOR.
The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiter #BICES
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Click Here To Apply