The Senior Consultant will interact directly with Penn Medicine leaders on issues of broad importance. As such, s/he must be able to structure, execute, and communicate complex analysis for a demanding and highly capable audience.
Take leadership on projects or stakeholder support as assigned to the Senior Consultant, including:
- Managing projects independently and applying sound judgment in resolving project challenges.
- Tracking requests and working with team leadership to triage and prioritize work.
- Serving as primary point of contact and team representative to the relevant client group.
- Working with stakeholders to identify potential issues or opportunities and develop data-driven work plans to address them.
- Executing analysis and/or overseeing analysis consistent with the work plan.
- Working with team leadership to vet analysis and ensure analysis quality.
- Coordinating with team leadership and others, as assigned, to ensure analytics are aligned with team and system imperatives.
- Working with team leadership to build consensus around key actions arising from their analysis.
- Providing active and visible leadership on assigned initiatives.
- Acting as an active and visible leader within the team, including management and mentoring of less experienced analysts.
- Support maintenance and improvement of Penn Medicine data, analytics, and reporting infrastructure as directed by team leadership.
- Facilitate sharing of best practices across entities, service lines and departments.
- Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
- Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree (MHA, MPH, MBA) is preferred
- 5+ years of professional experience in a Healthcare setting is required
- 2+ years of Post-MBA strategy consulting experience is preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare industry, ideally with a strong understanding of clinical care delivery, provider financials, and major industry trends impacting health care providers is preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Motivated, high-energy individual; anticipates and removes roadblocks to meet deadlines and deliver work products efficiently
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrates innovative approaches in addressing business challenges that have not been solved by more traditional measures
- Can work effectively with a range of business, clinical, and academic leaders
- Able to translate complex information into simple explanations that everyone can understand
- Ability to drive multiple projects with overlapping timeframes
- Able to lead and influence a cross-functional group of leaders to consensus and action – preferred
- Supervisory experience – preferred
- Knowledge of /familiarity with national standards for quality, safety and healthcare standards – preferred
- Knowledge of/familiarity with change management, Lean Six Sigma, and process improvement terminology, tools, and process – preferred
This position will be located at 3600 Civic Center Blvd.
As part of our COVID-19 response, this position may currently be offering partial or full remote work. However, in the near future this position will require full or partial on-site work.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life’s Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Click Here To Apply