Access Laser is a leading provider of laser technology for industrial, scientific, and medical applications. We are looking for a Production Assistant to process incoming shipments and assist in the cleaning and distribution of parts. This is a full-time position and is located in S. Everett. This position reports to the Supply Chain manager.
Access Laser is a rapidly growing company, experiencing double-digit revenue growth over the last couple of years. We provide leading edge gas-discharge-excited laser technologies to global industries in the medical, semiconductor, electronic, manufacturing, and scientific development R&D markets. We focus on creative designs that match our customers’ applications and solve difficult problems with innovative solutions. We strive to provide a challenging and supportive environment where team members are encouraged to go beyond ordinary thinking and challenge the normal with the truly ingenious. Our team is our greatest asset, and supporting their career development is the greatest investment we can make in our future.
In October 2017 we became a member of the TRUMPF Group, the world’s largest manufacturer of lasers and laser systems. Although we have retained the agility and flexibility of a small company, both our business and our employees now have access to new opportunities for growth.
What you will do:
- Receive incoming shipments and bring them to appropriate destinations
- Kit parts for production according to daily job schedule
- Transfer parts between locations according to replenishment list on a daily basis
- Perform daily cycle count and investigate for root causes
- Clean materials in a blackout room using Ultra-Violet light, ionization air gun, and alcohol/acetone
- Transfer cleaned parts into an ISO certified cleanroom and distribute them to designated locations
- Assist inventory and production teams as needed
- Perform these tasks wearing full cleanroom gowns, safety glasses, nitrile gloves, hair nets and beard guards
- Assist in inventory re-layout & bin set-up
- Assist in new ERP implementation process
What you bring:
- Past experience in a manufacturing environment, either in warehouse/inventory or in shipping/receiving is highly desirable
- Previous job experience with Lean Manufacturing and 5S concepts would be an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent follow through and ability to meet deadlines and expectations
- Ability to multitask
- Quick learner
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs on a routine basis with the ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs, up to 5ft above ground
- Basic computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Why work for us
At our core, we are an idea company, which is driving expansion and tremendous revenue growth. We are customer driven and design application specific products which fit the individual needs of our customers. This requires highly motivated and dedicated teams. You will have the opportunity to be innovative in your work as we are constantly evolving our products and solving new problems with our customers. We owe our success to our people. We take great pride in investing in our team and strive to continually grow and improve our company and culture.
We love what we do. Our goal is to go above and beyond for each other and our customers. Our teams are creative, smart and talented, which makes each project exciting. You will have plenty of guidance and support to help us continue moving our impactful technology to the next level.
TRUMPF, our parent company, shares the same core values, and supports both our team and our drive for continuous innovation in laser technology. We are proud to be part of one of the largest technology companies led by a woman.
Things we love here:
- Great benefits including generous PTO Plan, 401K with a match, and medical/dental/vision insurances
- We support learning and do provide educational assistance
- Work-life balance is accommodated to promote success in and out of workplace
- Team events that are family oriented
- Free parking
- Fitness reimbursement
- Stocked kitchen with complimentary snacks
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or other classes protected by law.
Click Here To Apply