UNFI – Tony’s Fine Foods is growing and is looking for Loaders to join our team in West Sacramento, CA! As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and stocked with supplies.
Full Time Shifts Available
Why work at UNFI?
- Weekly paychecks.
- Retention bonus earn $2000 bonus within 1st year.
- Incentive pay – earn more money for exceeding productivity goals.
- PTO starts accruing your first day of work.
- Medical, dental and vision benefits after 30 days of employment.
- Even more perks: 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, 25% discounts on wholesale purchases and access to shop at our associate Co-Op store.
Summary: Inspects, wraps and loads completed pallets and product into outbound trailers by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Adds any additional product such as backfilled and/or merges product to pallets.*
- Wraps pallets and marks if necessary.*
- Loads pallets into trailers according to truck map.*
- Sets up trailers for loading by adding center walls and setting temperatures.*
- Inspects completed pallets for product integrity making necessary adjustments when needed.*
- Inspects equipment for safety and fills out inspection sheet.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Pallet jack
- Wrapping machine
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); outdoor weather conditions; and extreme cold (non-weather).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Schedule: Full-time
Click Here To Apply