Come and join a talented, caring team at Augustana Apartments of Minneapolis as a Maintenance Worker! Our building is located on the bus line in the heart of historic Elliot Park Neighborhood. We offer free parking and staff have easy access to various public transportation options.
Augustana Apartments of Minneapolis, an independent and assisted living campus in Minneapolis, is hiring a Full-Time Weekend Maintenance Worker to join our team. In this role, you will provide scheduled and unscheduled services and repairs of equipment, carpentry work, painting, and other general maintenance. Our ideal candidate has excellent interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills.
We are conveniently located on the bus line and accessible by the light rail! Staff enjoy the convenience of being located near restaurants, coffee shops, shopping, pharmacies, and health care providers. We even have a convenience store onsite! Ask us about our available rental apartments with employee rent discounts, too! We have a fun team environment, a great team to work with, and plenty of opportunities for growth. Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team!
There are Full-Time, benefit eligible positions available working every weekend. Schedule:
Friday 4:00 pm to 7:00 am; Saturday 4:00 pm to 7:00 am; and Sunday 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Healthcare, Dental benefits for Full-Time employees
- Supplemental Benefits (vision, life, disability, and more) for Full-Time employees
- Flex Spending Accounts for Full-Time employees
- On-site Parking
- Retirement with employer match
- Competitive wages with credit for experience!
- Tuition Discount Opportunities
- Work with an amazing team with decades of experience!
Maintenance Worker responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance repairs and projects as needed.
- Follow scheduled maintenance program.
- Respond to maintenance requests by residents and staff.
- Follow-through on projects with little supervision.
- Perform manual tasks and carry out all given job related instructions.
- Keep detailed reports of ongoing and completed projects.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Maintenance Worker skills/ requirements:
- Prior experience in plumbing, electrical work, HVAC and/or floor care preferred.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting preferred, but not required.
- Must be available to work on-call as needed.
- Able to make repairs inside and outside of building, basic carpentry, basic plumbing, replace light bulbs, filters, etc.
- Able to use basic maintenance tools such as hammer, pliers, screwdriver, drill, etc.
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
Cassia’s Response to COVID-19:
Cassia is serious about your safety and health—it is our number one priority. We have implemented COVID-19 protocols (routine cleaning & disinfecting, physical distancing, and resident & employee testing) and provide staff with personal protective equipment for every shift. We also offer vaccines to staff and residents through our own A&E Pharmacy.
We take pride in providing compassionate care to our residents by focusing on our 8 pillars of excellence (Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Innovation, Stewardship, Unity, Respect, and Collaboration).
Cassia, an affiliation between Augustana Care and Elim Care, is a Christian mission organization with over 200 years of combined experience caring for those in need. We strive to inspire residents to live the lives that are most fulfilling to them. We take pride in the longevity of our management team and invite you to apply to learn more!
EOE/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled *A Drug Free Workplace *A Veteran Friendly Employer
Click Here To Apply