As a direct report to the Chief Technology Officer of UnitedHealth Group, you will be accountable for providing visionary Technology direction across our enterprise and in the market. The person in this role would be the most senior technology consultant focusing on an external understanding of the future of technology and how it impacts our business. Will engage in long-term issues, products and systems, providing a voice and point of view to what areas we should be developing for future delivery. The role will support the critical transformation agenda to advance consumer-based value generation leading technology across our Fortune 10 enterprise. You will demonstrate thought leadership in architecting and delivering large-scale, complex and innovative technology solutions with market impact. You will leverage technology expertise and understanding of market trends to formulate, develop and execute a multi-year strategic technology plan that enables the growth of our business and delivers differentiating value to our customers. You will be responsible for representing the organization to the market and being perceived as a futuristic leader in the technology industry.
Major accountabilities will include:
- Collaborating with CIOs and business leaders to provide direction for long-term thinking, strategy and understanding of future product and service enhancements
- Regular forward-thinking, cutting-edge knowledge-sharing – both internally and externally – including enterprise, public and academic presentations, conferences and knowledge-building seminars and global technology thought leadership summits
- Cultivating an established network and leveraging it (and expertise in the industry) to strategize on ways to expand business models
- Partnering with business stakeholders globally to provide strategic oversight, analytics, and leadership regarding the future of the organizations’ products / services
- Preparing and presenting regular business summaries to key stakeholders, including Senior Leadership from internal and external organizations
- Contributing significantly to Optum Technology’s strategy, leading the charge with innovative thinking about technology direction
- Supporting our vision by using technology to make the healthcare system work better for everyone
- Keeping UnitedHealth Group on the leading edge of technology
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- 15 + year career in the technology profession
- Demonstrated recognition for innovative work in a variety of technology environments
- Cloud, Analytics and Machine Learning expertise
- Technology industry certifications
- Industry awards and recognition
- Patents and publications
- Professional and Technology organization affiliations
- History of conference presentations
- Demonstrated excellence in the following:
- leading technology direction
- influencing business and technology strategy
- communicating with executive level stakeholders (both internal and external)
- championing change
- Proven focus on customers, market needs and industry trends
- Ability to inspire, guide and drive innovative approaches and solutions
- Commitment to the shared success of the enterprise above all else
- Track record of attracting and influencing next generation technical leaders
- Track record of success of leading and managing high-performing teams of senior technology professionals
- Champion of our core competencies, reputation and brand
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work. SM
Colorado Residents Only: The role is also eligible to participate in UHG’s annual bonus and long term incentive plans. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, in addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Click Here To Apply