Quality Inspector – Full Time – Margate, Florida, USA
At Sulzer, you are in charge of your career and continued development. Take the opportunity to broaden your skills by seeking new roles that reflect your experience. Create your own impact by building solutions that help make lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join our RES_AME team within Rotating Equipment Services division in United States as Quality Inspector to help us take Turbo Services to the next level.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Perform receiving inspections and document incoming customer and rotating components of gas turbine engines.
- Monitor, witness, document and review the inspection, assembly and testing of turbine engines and components, ensuring all requirements are met. Participate on special projects when required, with co-workers, supervisors, engineers, suppliers, customers, and service groups to review, install or modify equipment and procedures, ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Stay in sync with the correct operation, care, use and maintenance of equipment, housekeeping, and safe work practices. Visually inspect turbine engine components, subassemblies, rigs and individual parts for anomalies such as errors in paperwork or obvious physical damage, including broken or improper safety wiring, nicks, dents or other damage and ensure that all openings are covered when required.
- Inspect engines and components for foreign objects and check work areas for surplus parts, hardware, or loose debris. Perform necessary dimensional and visual inspections and verify measurements. Recognize and disposition non-conforming material in accordance with requirements. Refer variances to higher graded Inspector or Supervisor. Conduct audits when required and report findings.
- Inspect components and hardware removed from the engine to determine serviceability in accordance with the applicable technical data.
- Review customer requirements and incoming paperwork for applicable Service Bulletins.
- Foster a positive working environment and relationships with colleagues.
- Able to maintain certification to operate powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, etc.).
This is a 1st shift hourly position; 7:30–4:00 EST with expectation of hire to work significant overtime when required.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Well-rounded knowledge of mechanical systems; including but not limited to, hardware, components, instrumentation installations, and testing. This role requires up to one year work related experience
- Ability to interpret and work from complicated drawings, specifications, procedures, and instructions.
- 1+ year inspection experience
- 1+ year inspection experience in Overhaul and Repair
- 3+ years’ experience working in Diesel or Aviation Engine Repair
- A&P License or Military Equivalent Experience
- Proficient with MS office Suite
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 15 Paid Time Off (PTO) Days
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability
- 401K with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
Location: We are based in Margate, Florida, USA.
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Click Here To Apply