Founded over 40 years ago with a mission to provide the highest quality and full spectrum of medical, surgical, and esthetic skin care services to each and every one of its patients, Anne Arundel Dermatology has assembled the finest group of dermatologists in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern states.
With 180+ clinicians and 75+ locations with locations in 5 states, we’re thriving, growing, and looking to add talented individuals to our team!
Anne Arundel Dermatology owns and operates several dermatology clinics within the Knoxville region including Dermatology Associates of Knoxville (https://dermaknox.com/, Knoxville Dermatology Group (https://www.knoxderm.com/) and East TN Dermatology (http://www.easttndermatology.com/).
Why join Anne Arundel Dermatology?
We are committed to continual training and education for our physicians and staff. We are on top of the latest developments in dermatology including ongoing research, emerging treatments, new drugs, and prevention methods. You can find more than just a job with Anne Arundel Dermatology in Knoxville. We are one of the largest groups of dermatology practices in the area and believe in providing our new associates with intensive training and long-term career growth opportunities from within.
Knoxville Dermatology Group (KDG) is one of the largest groups of board certified dermatologists in Tennessee. All of our physicians are board-certified with extensive dermatology experience. With thirteen providers between two locations, West Knoxville & Sevierville, we are able to treat our patients for all of their dermatology needs.
This position will work 3 days a week in West Knoxville and 2 days a week in Sevierville.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist provider with patient care as assigned but not limited to the following:
- Escort patient to and from exam room and help patient prepare for exam.
- Take patient vitals when requested by provider.
- Documentation in Electronic Health Record
- Clean and straighten exam room between patients.
- Organize patient flow according to protocol.
- Prepare syringes according to protocol.
- Administer local anesthetic – subcutaneous and intra-muscular.
- Assist provider with injectable procedures.
- Remove sutures.
- Ensure completion of forms and appropriate requisitions.
- Set-up, clean, sterilize and inventory all medical equipment and instruments including procedure tray according to instructions.
- Prepare pathology and lab specimens. Route to correct lab as required by patient’s insurance. Maintain accurate pathology log.
- Notify providers and patients of pathology and lab results.
- Respond to patient questions in office and on phone as instructed.
- Schedule or re-schedule appointments with providers, specialists as necessary. Send appropriate records as necessary.
- Work in compliance with OSHA, blood borne pathogen standards.
- Knowledge of and compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Adherence to the healthcare compliance policy.
- Document and keep current appropriate records for maintenance programs.
- Maintain medication samples, discard out-of-date supplies, and keep appropriate records.
- Maintain infection control. Maintain cleanliness of exam rooms, and keep supply cabinets well stocked.
- Order, sort, re-stock, and inventory all medical supplies.
- Document all medical instructions given to patients.
- Occasional pulling and filing of patient charts.
- Prepare patients for laser procedures and/or fill liquid nitrogen canister (as required at your location).
Experience & Education:
- At least 1 year of recent experience as a Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant or other clinically based patient care experience (highly preferred)
- Completion of a Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant program OR completion of a bachelor’s degree program in a pre-med or pre-physician assistant track in lieu of formal medical assistant training or experience.
- An ability to work independently, excellent communications skills, organizational skills and flexibility required
- Professionalism and strong customer service skills is a must.
Click Here To Apply