Registered Nurse II
Compensation and Benefits
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $5,500 – $6,500 per month
Full Classification Salary Range: $4,083 – $7,878 per month
- This is a full-time, probationary, exempt position.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
The Registered Nurse II will provide support and assistance to the Director of Medical Services and clinical providers to ensure quality health care delivery to all students. Under general supervision, the RN II performs routine and specialized nursing functions along with some administrative duties requiring the application of specialized skills and knowledge acquired through advanced training and education.
Applicants with experience practicing in specialty areas such as family planning are preferred. In addition, a Registered Nurse II performs work assignments that typically include some or all of the following: triage patients, counsel and educate patients on relevant health issues. Registered Nurse II are required to supervise LVNs, medical and student assistants, and also assist in the development and implementation of nursing services, policies, and procedures.
- Must possess and maintain a valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of California and certification in CPR/AED
- Thorough knowledge of the professional nursing principles, methods and procedures
- Ability to effectively apply nursing knowledge and demonstrate proper techniques and skills in performing nursing duties
- Ability to accurately observe and record symptoms, behaviors, and reactions to treatments in order to make an accurate nursing diagnosis
- Ability to analyze emergency situations and take prompt action
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred
- Knowledge of reproductive health principles to include: birth control options, sexually transmitted disease education and/or pregnancy counseling preferred
To view the full list of qualifications and job responsibilities, please click the Position Description button above.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a professional nursing program in an approved school of nursing or by additional preparation as approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing
- One year of professional nursing experience which has provided evidence of the ability to work independently in specialized nursing activities and to support the overall nursing program within the Student Health Center, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities
Deadline & Application Instructions
Applications received by July 1, 2021 will be given full consideration by the search committee.
Please click “Apply Now” to complete the employment application for California State University, Fresno. Interested applicants must complete the application and attach the following: 1) their most recent resumé/vitae, 2) a cover letter that addresses their specific qualifications and interest, and 3) contact information for three professional references.
California State University, Fresno is one of 23 campuses in the California State University System. The University’s mission is to boldly educate and empower students for success through our values of Discovery, Diversity and Distinction. The current student population is more than 25,000, including a large percentage of students with diverse and culturally rich backgrounds. The University serves the San Joaquin Valley while maintaining deep involvement with the state, nation, and across the globe.
Metropolitan Fresno, with a multi-ethnic population of over 527,000, is located in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley. The campus is within driving distance of Yosemite, Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks, San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Monterey Peninsula, beaches, sailing, lakes, and numerous ski resorts. Fresno boasts one of the most reasonable housing markets in California and offers a wide array of locally grown fruits and produce.
Equal Employment Opportunity Information
California State University, Fresno is committed to maintaining and implementing employment policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal equal employment opportunity laws and regulations. Executive Orders 1096 and 1097 prohibit discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of a protected status: race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including gender identity), sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition and covered veteran status. Fresno State’s commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring, and retention. We are proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with California State University, Fresno. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that Fresno State has identified as sensitive.
The person holding this position is considered a “mandated reporter” under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a “designated position” under the California State University’s Conflict of Interest Code. This will require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within six (6) months of assuming office and every two (2) years thereafter.
Fresno State is a tobacco-free, smoke-free and vapor-free campus.
Click Here To Apply