Job ID: 287899
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
This position is responsible for the delivery of products to stores and job sites. In some instances, the drivers may be required to make pick-ups as needed. Current CDL A license and clean MVR are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Transport materials to job site or store in a safe manner
- Make assigned deliveries in a safe and timely manner
- Assist and supervise loading of truck to ensure proper order and weight distribution
- Receive from dispatcher invoice for materials, directions to job site and any special instructions and follow them to the detail
- Maintain complete and accurate records such as drivers’ daily truck log, fuel tickets, delivery documentation, and any other required documents according to state and federal regulations
- Maintain good customer relations
- Perform pre-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and report immediately any concerns or problems
- Obtain shipping bills and necessary signatures and return completed paperwork to the shipping department
- Operate tractor-trailer/vehicle according to state and federal laws and observing all safety regulations established by the company and the Department of Motor Vehicles
- Provide and document proper routine maintenance of assigned truck and loading/unloading equipment
- Survey job site and unload cargo in the best area available in a safe manner
- Inspect truck equipment and supplies such as tires, brakes, fuel, oil, and water
- Unload truck at job site with truck-mounted forklift
- Develop good knowledge of inventory, sizes, types, colors, and pallet package
- Monitor and immediately report problems with assigned equipment operations, product quality, customer satisfaction, and traffic
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Requirements / Education / Experience
High school diploma / equivalent
- Must be able to operate a gas-powered delivery trailer safely and efficiently
- Must have CDL A
- Must have at least 2 years of current CDL experience
- Clean MVR
- Must have good communication skills
- Good knowledge of the product for product quality assurance
- Forklift experience a plus
Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds
- Required DOT yearly physical
- Employee is frequently required to climb
What CRH Americas Offers You
Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability-If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Click Here To Apply