ABOUT INSURANCE ADMINISTRATIVE SOLUTIONS
Insurance Administrative Solutions (IAS) is a third-party provider of comprehensive administrative solutions for our clients in the insurance industry. We offer a business process outsourcing solution that helps insurers optimize administrative workload, bolster their industry expertise, leverage emerging technologies, and streamline operations. With strong industry knowledge, we deliver value to our customers by providing compassionate customer service, efficient processing, and quality results. Here at IAS, we embrace the fact that great things are only accomplished by working as a team. We believe that all of our employees have valuable input no matter the level. Our highly
collaborative team environment offers each of our employees a place where they can excel.
JOB SUMMARY: Provide support for the Underwriting Department. Responsible for the assistance with various clerical duties in support of the department staff. Provide prompt and courteous customer service. Clear understanding of how various functions within the operation relate to and impact each other.
Comprehensive Customer Service Experience Needed – Fast Pace Environment – AWD Experience – Medicare Supplement a Plus
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned as necessary):
- Must be able to work scheduled shift and if needed, rotate schedules with other employees for proper departmental staffing needs and/or work Overtime as needed.
- Answering and documenting phone calls from a call center environment.
- Make outgoing calls to verify information with the applicant(s) or agent(s).
- Ability to type letters for amendments, additional requirements, declines, not takens and problems.
- Process Check Requests for declines, not takens and overpayments.
- Process and input additional CWA.
- Follow-up on application and agent problems.
- Calculate premium difference and rates using mathematical skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- In a workflow system, match facsimiles and mail received to the appropriate file.
- Follow-up on all pending requirements.
- Process applications with stop payments placed on the check.
- Process pending requirements when received and update the database.
- Generate follow-up letters on all problem applications.
- Must be able to work in an environment where procedures change frequently.
- Understand Federal and State requirements for open enrollment, guarantee issue and underwritten applications.
- Update the database with all the appropriate information.
- Prep files by creating an image coverage sheet and separate each item with a separator sheet for the imaging department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: High school diploma or equivalent. *Computer experience required. Prior office experience preferred. Medical insurance experience a plus.
IAS is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply