Care* Coordinator* (Client Service)
Do you enjoy talking with people, making others happy, and staying busy? Do you love being around pets and value the important role they play in making our lives better? We do too. In fact, our business philosophy is built around reimagining the experience pets and their parents have when it comes to veterinary care, grooming, daycare, and boarding.
We are currently seeking a Care Coordinator for our Partner Hospital, Atlantic Veterinary Service, in Berlin, MD. Our Care Coordinator is a pivotal role in the daily operations of their Heart + Paw hospital. While often being the first part of the client’s experience, the Care Coordinator will need to be enthusiastic and focused on ensuring clients and their pets feel welcomed and comfortable. Our Care Coordinator is our first impression to pets and pet parents and because of this needs to be have a professional, welcoming, and warm demeanor, be empathetic to client’s and pet’s needs, and have an outgoing, others-focused personality. They must also have strong verbal communication skills, be able to professionally and patiently handle calls, client concerns, and multiple tasks.
Your Day to Day
- Manage client schedules.
- Communicate patient needs and information.
- Document pet and client encounters.
- Provide detailed information on veterinary care and other services.
- Provide detailed information on retail offerings.
- Welcome the pet and client and Initiate the check-in process.
- Process financial transactions.
- Manage the amenities.
All Heart + Paw team members are expected to: *
- Serve as a role model and champion of the Heart + Paw brand.
- Contribute to proper use and maintenance of all center equipment and overall cleanliness of the center and adherence to the company brand.
- Contribute to a positive and collaborative working environment for all members of the center team.
- Provide exceptional client service.
- Promote all center services.
- Ensure animals receive adequate food, water, enrichment, and exercise.
- Assist with the ongoing assessment, in conjunction with other team members, of animals within the center with respect to their health, welfare, general condition.
- Perform and monitor daily cleaning and sanitation of facility and supplies.
What You Will Bring to Our Team*
- Knowledge of basic animal behavior
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous customer service experience
- Ability to effectively communicate using phones, headset, computers, and mobile devices
- Understanding of veterinary medical records
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to professionally and patiently handle callers’ requests, scheduling appointments, and concerns
- Warm and friendly demeanor and a client-centric mindset
- Passion for animals
- Strong interest in the use of technology to advance the pet/pet parent experience
- Ability to collaborate and positively contribute to the team environment
- Adaptability to changing operational needs
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply