Mary’s Woods is seeking a highly motivated, energetic and team oriented individual to lead our Fitness and Wellness Department!
Mary’s Woods, a premier senior living community in Lake Oswego that feels just like any progressive community in Portland. We provide residents with over 100 years of history in a 40-acre wooded wonderland. We are a not-for-profit Life Plan/Continuing Care Retirement Community that prides ourselves on our rich heritage, spirit of caring, welcoming culture, historic grounds and amazing views.
As a Director of Fitness and Wellness, you will lead the Fitness and Wellness Department by developing and managing a multifaceted wellness program and a comprehensive menu of physical and mental health promotion activities, as well as managing the day-to-day operations of the wellness centers.
Below are some of the core responsibilities, experience and skills needed to be successful:
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identifies and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Provides vision, leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the development of a cost-effective department while concurrently facilitating efficient operations to meet current and future business needs within the organization.
- Directs and oversees all Fitness and Wellness Department activities and instructional offerings.
- Establishes a strategic plan that ensures delivery of comprehensive and creative fitness and wellness programming for residents.
- Develops and manages the Fitness and Wellness Department annual operating and capital budgets.
- Creates and implements strategies to encourage and expose residents to creative fitness and wellness offerings that will best support them in achieving their fitness and wellness goals.
- Schedules group exercise classes and other activities, manages class substitutions and ensures resident needs are met.
- Promotes proactive approaches to solve business needs/problems, while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of Mary’s Woods mission and values.
- Builds and maintains a strong functional team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, team building, and succession planning.
- Able to relate positively and favorably to team members, residents and families, and to work as a team with other employees at all levels.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science or related field
- Group exercise instruction experience with older adults required
- Personal training, fitness instructor and CPR certifications required
- Wellness certification preferred, such as “Wellness Coach” from Institute for Wellness Education
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive fitness and wellness leadership and programming experience, preferred with older adults.
- Ability to teach fitness classes and workshops, seated and standing, as necessary.
Working at Mary’s Woods in any capacity means that you’re driven by the core values of our mission — hospitality, compassion, reverence and integrity. Our culture is built upon an unwavering commitment to providing exceptional customer service — for our residents, each other, and the surrounding community. If these values ring true to who you are, then Mary’s Woods may be the place for you!
This is a full time, exempt position and the salary depends on experience and education.
- Discounted TriMet Pass
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and Flexible Spending Account first of the month after hire (working 30+ hours per week)
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403b with match
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Access to Fitness Center & Pool
If you are interested in this position, apply at http://mw.applytojob.com/apply
Important Note: After successfully submitting your application you will receive an email from Mary’s Woods with the subject title: NEXT STEP IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS. Check your inbox or spam folder.
Click Here To Apply