Description: Who We Are
Casa de los Niños is one of the most established and well-respected non-profit organizations in Tucson. We have been helping kids and healing families since 1973. Our services include parent education classes, Foster Care, Parents As Teachers, Behavioral Health, and Nurse-Family Partnership Program!
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides medical and psychiatric services to children, youth, and families enrolled in the behavioral health program. In addition, ensures administration and delivery of high quality, medically appropriate, and best practice care. The NP must function as a collaborator and team member, both with administration and with clinicians or professionals of other disciplines. Must have experience working with children and/or adolescents.
- Works with the regional health plans, medical staff, and Casa de los Niños Medical Director to ensure administration and delivery of high quality, medically appropriate care.
- Utilizes the Casa de los Niños EHR system and e-prescribing platform.
- Maintains psychiatric oversight in emergency services and acute care services (admission and discharge decisions, level of care determinations, and direct supervision of care).
- Ensures psychiatric coordination of care in outpatient and residential services through leadership and participation in regular interdisciplinary team case reviews.
- Coordinates with other medical providers, specifically primary-care physicians, to provide high quality health care and delivery of services.
- Maintains direct involvement in the quality management and utilization management processes, adapting to changes in process and procedures as necessary.
- Supports and coordinate with the Casa de los Niños Medical Coordinator in the administration of scheduling psychiatric appointments and managing medication needs, including prescribing and refilling prescriptions as needed.
- Participates in the peer review process.
- Valid Nurse Practitioner license required.
- Completion of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry training and meets requirements within their professional Board guidelines.
- Experience conducting evaluation, assessment, and treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder a preferred.
- Must be able to meet training and agency requirements for the position.
- Must foster an environment that is solution-focused, dedicated, and compassionate to support the organization’s mission, values, and strategic direction.
- Must exhibit a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion; valuing a diversity of perspectives and encouraging contributions by all team members.
- Must possess or be able to qualify for and maintain a valid Arizona department of public safety level one fingerprint clearance card.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
Casa de los Niños promotes child well-being and family stability in our community. We place top priority on hiring and growing a team of knowledgeable, passionate, creative, and diverse individuals who have a strong desire to empower children and families within our community. More information about us and our current job openings is available at www.casadelosninos.org. Casa de los Niños is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, gender identity, gender(sex), sexual orientation, or familial status.
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply