Our mission is to serve, provide for, and champion individuals with disabilities.
Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable, non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than 1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states.
Working at Evergreen Life Services isn’t just a job; it’s a rewarding career. Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will be an important part of the Evergreen team.If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the team because, at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Responsible for all the operations of the community home(s) under the general direction of the Program Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions
- Oversee the work performance of all direct care staff
- Develop staff schedule and publish
- Collect, assimilate, approve and submit all appropriate documentation for payroll processing
- Complete annual performance evaluation
- Ensure that all policies, rules and regulations are followed and establish resolution including administration of discipline, corrections and reinforcements as required
- Conduct staff meetings with direct care staff and provide training when necessary
- Responsible for the health and welfare of individual(s) served
- Schedule all medical appointments
- Advocate individual(s) served rights when appropriate
- Schedule individual(s) served activities
- Ensure fire and evacuation procedures are up to date and train accordingly
- Enhance the quality of life for individual(s) served
- Participate in selection and placement of new staff
- Oversee all care and maintenance of the buildings and grounds for the community home
- Schedule and make certain vehicle maintenance is completed
- Responsible for the overall financial success of community home(s)
- Maintain finances within assigned budget
- Process all invoices and submit to home office in timely manner
- Keep overtime to a minimum
- Ensure all house inventories (food, supplies, clothing) are complete and proper amounts are available as needed
- Make certain all efforts are made to maintain responsible utility, repair, and transportation expenses
- Be in compliance with standards for annual survey
- Prepare and submit any and all required documents in a timely manner (i.e. program notes, invoices/bills, state required documents, payroll, individual(s) served financial information)
- Oversee individual(s) served finances and ensure all policies and procedures are followed in the administration of such
- Maintain relationship with individual(s) served family and work to ensure best outcome
- Serve as a role model for both individual(s) served and staff
- Follow and enforce all policies and procedures of Evergreen
- All other duties as assigned
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D; college degree preferred
- CMA certification within two (2) years of beginning Home Manager position
- At least three (3) years direct support experience; some supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate both in written and oral form
- Good organizational skills with eye for details
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task deadlines
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities or a medical condition to perform the essential functions. Special Requirements
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training courses.
- Must have understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or entities.
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks.
- will supervise
Must have a good driving record which meets the minimum requirements for Evergreen and reliable transportation. Must pass drug screen and criminal background check. May be asked to work some evenings when required Working Environment
May be required to work in a variety of settings and environments both indoors and outdoors.
Click Here To Apply