As a Dispatch & Operations Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating billing and invoicing, among other duties, for our Signature Bridge project . If you’re reliable, have a good work ethic, and can cooperate with co-workers and clients respectfully, this is the position for you.
Your day as a Dispatch & Operations Coordinator at UES will be both challenging and rewarding. During which, you have the opportunity to create lasting relationships with your team members. On a typical day, you can be expected to:
- Communicate with dispatching and/or field supervisor, advising of current job status and locations as required. Cellular phones are to be worn at all times and calls are to be returned immediately.
- Ability to read/understand project plans and specifications.
- Prepare proposals for private sector.
- Ensure projects are on budget and tracks progress.
- Prepare and track change orders.
- Maximize profitability for assigned projects by audit project progression.
- Ensures special inspection/threshold forms are submitted to client in a timely manner.
- Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing UES’ commitment to continuously address their needs and interests.
- Work collaboratively with outside parties (i.e. client, owner rep, project team, GC, etc.) to accomplish client goals.
- Promote positive contractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project team at all times.
- Report data in a complete, timely and understandable fashion.
- Ensure that project requirements are met and compliant with project specifications, requirements and company policies or procedures.
- Complete daily time and labor reports in accordance with company policy.
- Train field and office personnel.
- Approves invoices prior to Billing Team sending them to clients.
- May act as liaison between billing team and client to assists with collections Over 120 Days.
- Attend on-site and branch meetings, when required.
- Follow all company safety procedures and policies.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, detail oriented with great organizational skills
- Basic understanding of and experience with accounting practices and principles
- Basic understanding of and experience with invoicing practices and principles
- 3+ years’ experience or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience within multiple tabs and worksheets, etc.)
- High school education/GED
- Excellent customer verbal and written customer service skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record
Universal Engineering Sciences (UES), a nationwide leader in Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Building Code Compliance, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Building Envelope, has an opening for a Dispatch & Operations Coordinator.
For nearly six decades, UES has provided essential engineering services and has contributed to the success of some of the most prominent and significant projects in the United States. Experienced and proven, UES is considered a pioneer of the industry and stands at the forefront of emerging technology, best practices, and groundbreaking solutions, to attract the best talent and foster enriching opportunities for career growth. Our work includes both public and private clients and consists of projects ranging from transportation and healthcare to commercial and education. Our engineers, geologists, certified inspectors, and scientists offer an unwavering commitment to excellence, approaching each project as an opportunity to cultivate enduring relationships with our clients.
Built on experience and driven by a determination to see our clients through to success, UES remains focused, optimistic, and grounded in excellence.
In 2020, GFA International, Inc., Nova Geotechnical & Inspection Services, Contour Engineering, and Wallace-Kuhl & Associates strategically merged with UES becoming part of the Universal Engineering Sciences brand of companies—making us the fastest growing, most experienced, resource-rich organization of its kind. Become an important part of our growing family of nearly 1,800 professionals across 33 branches and help contribute to the betterment of communities all across our nation.
Why Work at UES?
- Our family atmosphere promotes a small company feel, even as we continue to grow and expand our regional and national footprint.
- Health Plans – UES employees can choose from three different health plan options including our flagship Health Savings Account (HSA) plan with low premiums and company matching funds deposited directly into your own Health Savings Account!
- Our dental and vision plans offer both in and out of network benefits, giving you the choice to stay with a favorite dentist, orthodontist, or optometrist.
- 401k – Save for retirement with Empower and get a company matching contribution of 50% on the first 6% of compensation, up to $2,000 maximum match.
- There’s plenty of time off too! UES employees accrue generous amounts of Paid Time Off (PTO), and Paid Holidays!
Check out our website: https://universalengineering.com/
Follow us on social media: LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube
Universal Engineering Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drugfree Workplace.
EEO/AA/Disability/Veteran Universal Engineering Sciences is a Drug-Free Workplace.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Click Here To Apply