I. PURPOSE OF JOB:
Provides clerical services to each Nursing Department to maintain efficient operation. Acts as a resource to the Nursing Department as well as other departments throughout the organization to maintain and trouble-shoot office equipment. Liaison between internal and external customers, (i.e. Internal: Management, both Clinical and Administrative, Education, Patient Access, Registration and all other support departments. External: Physicians, patients, families, volunteers and visitors.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Demonstrates technical skills in computer data entry, maintaining patient charts, transcribing orders, filing and appropriate documentation.
2. Utilizes good communication skills with physicians, nurses, patients, family members, volunteers, and all other healthcare team members in order to achieve excellence in patient care.
3. Promotes patient safety through adherence to protocols, policies, procedures, evidence-based guidelines and Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals.
4. Actively participates in and supports departmental and organizational quality
initiatives and goals.
5. Maintains competency according to unit specific standards.
Click Here To Apply