In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. These safety precautions also include limiting the onsite workforce to production essential workers. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
Due to our automated system and software, please use an active email address when creating your login profile and screen your spam and junk mail, as our emails tend to be placed in those mailboxes.
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee’s responsibility to fully support this vision. Skilled Mechanics are responsible for the preventative and reactive maintenance of processing and packaging equipment within the manufacturing facility.
The General Mills Cedar Rapids plant operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Skilled Mechanics must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
Reasons you will LOVE working here:
Our #1 Priority is Human and Food Safety!
We offer a competitive wage and weekly paycheck!
Starting Rate: $31.42 per hour with a wage progression potential up to $35.17 per hour
Shift Differential: Additional $.24 per hour for 2nd shift and $.31 per hour for 3rd shift
Shift Schedule: To be determined upon hire based on availability and business need
BENEFITS: Most start first date of hire! Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, vacation, paid leaves (parental bonding, sick and emergency time, caregiver) and tuition reimbursement, to name a few.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures to support the company’s journey to zero human and food safety incidents
- Maintain, install, replace, and repair industrial processing and packaging equipment
- Provide technical support and be the subject matter expert during equipment troubleshooting and modifications
- Perform both uptime and downtime preventative maintenance work to improve equipment reliability and write follow up work orders as needed
- Perform corrective maintenance work orders
- Document plant maintenance activities in a computerized maintenance management system
- Repair and maintain parts and components of plant utilities distribution systems
- Perform basic machining and welding tasks
- Understand circuit layouts; replace and troubleshoot instrumentation, motors, and other electrical equipment/components
- Participate and lead Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase plant’s safety and performance
- Assist and train other employees to improve their technical understanding
- Perform additional related tasks as assigned
Must be 18 years of age or older
Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
High School Diploma or GED
1 year experience in industrial maintenance or equivalent experience in a maintenance field
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs as required by the position
- Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time, including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
- Ability to climb and/or work at heights while utilizing stairs, ladders, personnel lifts, or platforms
- Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
- Ability to wear protective clothing and equipment such as safety shoes, face masks, safety glasses, hearing protection, a hard hat, a hair/beard net and gloves when required
- Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
- Ability to work in hot, cold, noisy, dusty, wet environmental working conditions
- Ability to work with allergens that might be present in a food environment
- Willing to work around industrial high-speed moving machinery
- Ability to work in confined space such as bins, silos, or tanks
- Technical degree in industrial maintenance or related field
- Computer Maintenance Management System experience (Maximo)
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.
Click Here To Apply