The Medication Aide roles is to assist the licensed nurse (RN or LPN/LVN) in providing safe and ethical care for residents—that is, administering prescribed drugs and completing other delegated nursing tasks allowed by state law.
- Dispense oral, inhalation and topical medications to residents under direct supervision of a licensed nurse unless otherwise allowed by state law.
- Observe residents for drug reactions and report any problems to the nurses.
- Performing tasks associated with medication administration, including residents’ vital signs, calculate medication dosages and stock the medication cart.
- Recording medication administration according to agency procedure
- Assists the nurse in providing care to our residents, which includes observation and reporting of the residents needs
- Recognizes and performs tasks according to level of education and training
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for own performance according to state laws and regulations.
- Performs tasks in an ethical, legal, and caring manner
- Performs tasks safely and effectively to assure the residents comfort and welfare
- Respects the residents rights
- Protects confidential for the residents information unless otherwise required to promote safety and welfare
- Follows federal, state, and agency regulations to protect own health and that of others
- Seeks guidance from the nurse as needed to perform tasks safely and efficiently
Customer/Client Focus; Ethical Conduct; Flexibility; Initiative; Personal Effectiveness/Credibility; Stress Management/Composure; Teamwork Orientation; Technical Capacity; Multi-tasking; Medical Teamwork; Bedside Manner & Compassion; Infection Control; Health Promotion and Maintenance; Creating a Safe, Effective Environment; Informing Others; Judgment; Pain Management.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift or move objects and patients weighing over 50 pounds.
Required Education and Experience:
1. At least one year of Health care industry experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
2. Medication Aide certification.
3. Demonstrated experience with production of specialized materials and documents.
4. Proofreading and editing skills.
Click Here To Apply