Metro Physical & Aquatic Therapy is the #1choice for rehabilitative services in Long Island, New York!
Founded over 40 years ago by Sherrie Glasser, Metro has been exceeding the physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy needs of the Long Island, NY area. Metro is a multi-disciplinary practice with (19) locations equipped with state of the art fitness equipment and modalities, allowing the highly trained staff every luxury in treatment.
Metro Physical Therapy has an immediate opening for a Full-time Front Desk Coordinator/Receptionist.
Potential Shifts (Days & Hours):
1. Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
2. Generate a compilation of reports, logs and lists including but not limited to authorization and verifications.
3. Ensure co-pays are tallied and reconciled and control credit extended to patients.
4. Call treating physicians to obtain updated prescription for treatment by Occupational and Physical Therapist.
5. Obtains Plan of Cares from treating physician and update system.
6. Optimizes patient’s satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
7. Set up new /returning patient case in Theraoffice which includes obtaining new demographic information and all existing insurance information.
8. Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying Clinicians of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
10. Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
11. Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
12. Maintains a working knowledge of Metro, rules and policies, and works to ensure the compliance with the stated parameters. Perform other duties and assignments as required.
13. Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
14. Perform other duties and assignments as required.
- One (1) year of Physical Therapy/Medical office experience
- Experience with a EMR System
- Ability to communicate to customers, co-workers and management in a professional/courteous manner.
- Current or recent experience in a medical practice assuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations and guidelines.
- Must work well within a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel, and EMR.
- One year experience in a customer service-oriented is strongly desired.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
Metro offers a diverse and creative place to grow, learn, and contribute. If you are interested in joining a passionate and dedicated professional community, please apply.
Metro is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17-$20 Based on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Patient service: 1 year (Preferred)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply