Do you want to work for a company that creates remarkable experiences through people, products and food? If you want to be part of a rewarding, People First culture that values relationships, trust, taking the long view and innovation, then we are the company for you.
As a Mechanical Development Engineer II, you play a key role in the design of a wide range of commercial cooking equipment. As part of the Sustaining Engineering team, you will have the opportunity to be involved with implementing and supporting product improvements, product enhancements, customization, and solving customer related problems. In addition, you will design extensions to current product lines to meet the needs of a diverse customer base, as well as finding creative solutions to application problems that occur on our mature and new products.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to work for a company that is 100% employee owned. As an employee owner, you are eligible to participate in our employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) program following one year of service.
- Annual company performance bonus
- Ability to work from home
- Defined career paths to help you get where you want to go
- Professional Development opportunities including unlimited free access to LinkedIn Learning courses and tuition reimbursement
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO and paid holidays
- Onsite wellness clinic
- Employee activities including department outings, holiday parties and our annual company-wide Thanksgiving Dinner
What You’ll Be Doing
- Conduct Prototype Building Testing.
- Review Drawings, Models, PCN’s and EWR’s for approval.
- Set part and assembly drawing requirements.
- Enter detailed lab requests and provides guidance.
- Conduct field tests.
- Work closely with lab technicians.
- Provide detailed reports on the project progress to the team and management including presentations to small and large groups.
- Provide Prototype and Pre-Production support.
- Perform Design of Experiments.
- Conduct Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
- Articulate design tradeoffs at a business level
- Consistently models the Company Values and Expected Behaviors.
- Other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- B.S. ME or MET
- 3+ years product support or project experience
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- MS office, presentation, and Power Point skills
- Basic process knowledge of machining, sheet metal, and casting
- Detail oriented and strong creativity skills
- Strong problem-solving skills-RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
- Basic knowledge of Agency standards
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Experienced in manufacturing processes
- Demonstrated system level thinking
- Intermediate knowledge of Electrical-Wire Diagrams and Wiring
- Intermediate knowledge of assembly structure
- Design for manufacturability experience
- Ability to travel and work at customer locations (sometimes on short notice)
We’re known in our industry for making the best commercial food equipment in the world. Every day 100,000,000 people eat in restaurants operating Henny Penny equipment. We’re a behind-the-scenes engine in the world’s most demanding kitchens. We’re confident you’ve heard of our customers — including long-term partners like McDonald’s, Chick-fil-A, KFC, Wendy’s. We’re 760+ employee owners who thrive by living a People First mission. It’s a mission to enable all employees to be the best version of themselves by learning, growing, and thriving both personally and professionally. We are currently undergoing the largest expansion in our history with an addition of 150,000 square feet to our Eaton Building. This expansion will help us continue developing the world’s most reliable, easy-to-use equipment.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in this opportunity, please complete the online application and attach your resume at www.hennypenny.com/careers.
Henny Penny is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability or handicap, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), marital status, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $105,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Eaton, OH 45320: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment VISA status?
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Mechanical Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- sheet metal design: 3 years (Required)
- RCA (Root Cause Analysis): 3 years (Required)
- Electrical-Wire Diagrams and Wiring: 3 years (Required)
- product support or project: 3 years (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply