Reporting to the Director of Public Safety, this position may be assigned to the Main Campus, the Technology Center, or the Pines Opportunity Center (Morgan County Campus). The days of the week during which the incumbent may be expected to work varies, and could be a combination of: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Shift times also vary, and may be dependent upon which campus the officer is assigned; however, existing part-time shifts are as follows: 6:30AM to 1130AM; 7:00AM to 12:00PM; 5:00PM to 10:00PM. There are special shifts at various times that may be required based upon business needs.
The position is responsible for performing interior and exterior security activities, e.g. foot and vehicular patrols, CCTV monitoring, incident response, conducting preliminary incident investigations, report writing, liaison with other college departments, creating ID cards, issuing parking permits and customer service related tasks, such as: providing directions, locking and unlocking doors, escorting students and staff upon request, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs interior & exterior patrols; unlocking doors; setting alarms; monitoring CCTV surveillance cameras; investigating incidents; and preparing reports pertaining to incidents; providing customer service to students and staff; preparing identification cards and issuing parking stickers.
- Capable of responding to calls for security assistance in regard to medical emergencies, and other first responder related requests.
- The ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing; brief supervisor and coworkers; and liaison with local law enforcement and other first responders is critical.
- Annotate and maintain chronological daily security log.
- Must be able to operate security vehicles.
- During initial training phase, must obtain certification to perform CPR, use AED, and administer basic first aid.
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of security, law enforcement, emergency medical service, or other related experience is required. Or similar duties while serving in the armed forces of the United States.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to maintain a high level of situational awareness.
- Capable of de-escalating confrontations.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to walk, sit, climb stairs, and lift packages of moderate weight is necessary.
- Sufficiently good hearing, eyesight, and depth perception to perform the functions of the position.
- Experience and/or training in CPR, AED, basic first aid, and the carriage and deployment of pepper spray- preferred.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
Position open until filled
AA EOE M/F/Vet/Disability
Location: 13650 Apple Harvest Drive
Martinsburg,West Virginia,25403, Martinsburg, WV 25403
Job Type: Part-time
Click Here To Apply