- HEALTHCARE PAYER BUSINESS ANALYST
ALTA IT Services has an immediate 12 month+ contract opening for a healthcare payer business analyst to support a leading health insurance customer, based in Reston, VA. Work is COVID-remote with eventual return to partial onsite work (Reston, VA) after pandemic conditions have lifted.
- Investigate and analyze feasibility of low to moderately complex enhancements, automations, and processes.
- Analyze, define, and interpret business needs and issues by gathering, analyzing, documenting, and validating the Business area(s) and user(s) technical (functional/non-functional) requirements.
- Participate in the creation of complex PRD (Project Requirements Document) which includes defining Business, User, functional and non-functional requirements needed for approval by Business and for use by Design, Development and Testing teams.
- Participate in creation of Requirements Management Plan (RMP) for complex projects and may create RMP for less complex projects, to define, organize and schedule requirements management and development activities.
- Participate in requirements analysis and verification sessions for complex projects and may lead requirements analysis and verification sessions for less complex projects.
- Participate in the tracking and management of open issues and assists in planning for resolution for complex projects.
- Maintain communications with technical counterparts to adopt best practices and ensure integration of specific application architecture into overall enterprise technology strategy.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills applied to business software solutions maintenance and/or development.
- Knowledge of the software development standards and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to find efficiencies and improve processes.
- Proven ability to determine systemic process faults and improve overall process performance across organizations.
- Understanding of claims adjudication, particularly in a health care environment
- Understanding of health industry diagnosis, procedure and revenue codes and their application
- Strong business analytical skills.
- Strong process analysis skills
- Strong process documentation skills
- Excellent communication/writing skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attentive to detail, highly organized, and able to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Experience with claims adjudication in the Federal Employee Program Health Benefit Plan
- Experience in a software application development environment in an analytical role
- Bachelors (Health administration; business administration; software engineering or related degree required)
HOURLY RATE: Targeting $60/hr. to $65/hr. Benefits available. C2C OK
For consideration, please contact Melissa McNally via [email protected]
ALTA IT Services, is an established leader in IT Staffing and Services, specializing in Agile Transformation Services, Program & Project Management, Application Development, Cybersecurity, and Data & Advanced Analytics. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other factor.
Click Here To Apply