- Learns (with progressive difficulty) to set up and operate CNC machines and machining centers and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials and layout techniques.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished product.
- Learns (with progressive difficulty) to select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, grinders, and tooling pre-setters.
- Learns to verify conformance of finished product to specifications (first article layout), using precision measuring instruments.
- Learns to fit and assemble parts into basic assembly, using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools.
- Learns to verify (with progressive difficulty) dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gages, and gage blocks.
- Learns to check machine readiness relative to oil and coolant levels.
- Completes essential documentation as required.
- Follows all policies and procedures and takes safety precautions to reduce risk of injury.
- Maintains a clean work area and assures safe operation of all equipment.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Accurately completes Work Record sheet on a daily basis.
- Give required recordkeeping to Training Specialist monthly.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineer.
- Assist production in all areas.
- Assist with building tooling/fixturing.
- Once employee demonstrates competency in position, he/she may be required to train others in similar roles.
MW Industries, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Click Here To Apply