The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Sr Account Manager as a business partner is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with teams and clients. The Sr AM will be the liaison, acting as a point of contact and will help provide solutions, training and project management to help deliver outstanding results. The Sr AM must have the ability to work independently as part of a team in a fast-paced dynamic environment and be able to make decisions and meet stringent deadlines.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaison – Work closely with client and management as the primary point of contact to ensure appropriate communication is delivered in an accurate, timely and consistent manner.
- Troubleshooting –Ensure all issues are properly escalated to the appropriate department. Provide feedback to and consult with the team and/or Client when needed regarding changes that need to be made.
- Training and Education – Assesses and addresses training needs regarding existing and new software functionality.
- System Platform and Configuration – Participate in new software release testing and validate the accuracy of the database after each enhancement release.
- Project management: Act as a project manager on behalf of the client/team by leading the project from conception to completion.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
- Does not have direct reports, but may delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
- Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
- Travel up to %
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required): Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a client-facing/customer service role
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Process oriented/strong follow-up/ highly organized approach to managing/prioritizing tasks and day-to-day activity
- Independent self-starter
- Very strong communication and leadership skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and clients
- Team player with ability to collaborate and communicate with IT and/or business
- Strong analytical thinker to assist in trouble shooting and managing retail technical and data issues
- Comfortable and conversant with technology- very familiar with IPad, smartphones etc.
- Project management of small to medium size project plans
- Comfortable training or presenting in front of groups of people
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Excel (Formulas, Pivot Tables, Templates)
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Power Point)
- MS Access knowledge a plus
Environmental & Physical Requirements:
Office / Sedentary Requirements:
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions:
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
Click Here To Apply