The Executive Director Education Services collaborates with stakeholders to develop and operationalize the mission, values, and strategic objectives of Logan Health (LH). Responsible for the oversight of comprehensive organization learning strategy, professional development, workforce pipeline development, school/affiliation programs and daily operations of assigned area(s).
Management Job Duties:
Drive organizational objectives by operationalizing changes and initiatives effectively and efficiently. Proactively anticipate both the needs of Logan Health and the impact operations has on the organization’s success. Collect and analyze data, prepare and present recommendations, and explain associated benefits and risks for improving operations.
Demonstrate and further develop competencies in the areas of leadership, financial management, employee engagement, human resources knowledge, organizational dynamics and governance, organizational communication, strategic planning, change management, risk management, compliance, patient safety and quality improvement. Demonstrate professional ownership, self-development and a desire for life-long learning.
Serve as a role model for others by exhibiting the Logan Health core values: integrity, compassion, service, excellence and ownership. Lead and influence the team to provide outstanding customer service. Develop and foster relationships with other Logan Health leaders, departments and members of the team to support open communication, trust, transparency and collaboration.
Creates a supportive department culture by fostering individual motivation, coaching and training for optimum job performance. Collaborates with Human Resources to develop, implement and support programs and processes that add value to Logan Health, its leadership and employees. Leads to improve culture, employee and physician engagement, empowerment, growth and retention, while remaining committed to Logan Health’s management and prosperity for its customers, employees and community.
Job Specific Duties:
- Overall accountability for comprehensive business development, strategic planning, budgeting and operational performance of assigned area(s).
- Develops and responds to needs assessments, practice standards, regulatory requirements, strategic direction, and benchmarking data to assess, identify and prioritize development needs.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to develop and update a comprehensive system wide strategy and education plan. This includes, but may not be limited to; leadership development, nursing and allied health competencies, continuing medical education, continuing nursing education, required education, professional development, clinical orientation and life-long learning strategies to meet identified needs.
- Executes system wide education and leadership development strategic plans that incorporate learning methodologies, technologies, and a variety of activities for different learning styles.
- Regularly evaluates the effectiveness and impact of strategic execution via feedback, evaluation tools, and statistical data analysis. Adjusts strategies to accomplish the desired knowledge, skills, and desired behavior changes.
- Provides oversight of comprehensive learning management system to provide eLearning methodology, compliance reports and maintenance of documentation records to meet regulatory requirements.
- Applies relevant research to engage learning, apply change management principles, and develop competencies.
- Serves as Program Director for Nurse Residency Program (NRP) collaborating with Chief Nursing Officer and Nursing Leadership to ensure program has resources to achieve program strategies. Responsible for oversight of NRP and communications with NRP accrediting body.
- Collaborates with Chief Medical Officer to provide oversight for Family Medicine Residency of Western Montana (FMRWM) program to include budgets, legal agreements, resident clearance, on-boarding, and payment of preceptors. Serves on Graduate Medical Committee for FMRWM. Provides oversight of rural surgical residencies and other residency programs/rotations.
- In collaboration with Chief Medical Officer oversees and directs Medical Student Coordinator and medical/graduate student core rotations, ensuring proper clearance and on-boarding of students, and ensuring affiliation agreements are current. Responsible for budget, invoices, preceptor payment and housing logistics for medical students.
- Oversees and directs Student Coordinator and activities to support workforce pipeline strategies to include observer program, undergraduate nursing and allied health clinical rotations, middle school and high school healthcare career programs, and summer intern programs. Ensures proper clearance and onboarding of students. Serves on academic partners nursing and allied health councils. Partners with local and regional groups to advocate for healthcare careers.
- Coordinates and/or develops ongoing performance improvement activities with teams utilizing data to evaluate and adjust actions to improve outcomes.
- The above essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned similar to the above consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities required for the job. Not all of the duties may be assigned to a position.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing required. Master’s degree in nursing, public health, health administration, organization development, business or related field required.
- Current Montana RN License or a multi-state compact license with authorization to practice nursing within the state of Montana required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ leadership experience required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ related teaching experience required. Minimum of five (5) years’ healthcare clinical experience required.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR required. ANCC Leadership and/or Professional Development Certification preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead interactive and engaging training and education programs.
- Possess strong working knowledge of healthcare environment, including regulatory issues, evidence based practice and evolving healthcare trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
Click Here To Apply