JOIN THE PECKHAM TEAM!
- Great Company Culture. Peckham was named #11 in the 2015 Fortune Magazine’s “Great Place to Work” for small and medium companies and has been certified as a Great Place to Work® company for six consecutive years!
- Work Life Balance. At Peckham, we “embrace the ‘AND’”!
- Rest & Relaxation. Receive 10 paid holidays per year and accrue 10 days of paid time off!
- Health Benefits. Medical with HSA options, as well as dental, vision, and life insurance.
- Peckham University. ESL classes, financial wellness trainings, tax prep services, and more are available free of charge to our Team Members.
- Support & Understanding. Peckham provides all Team Members with on-the-job support.
Will work in a large warehouse environment receiving items from delivery trucks, sorting product by NSN and condition code and placing items in the appropriate warehouse area. They could also be picking items for outbound shipments, sorting inbound OCIE shipments or assembling/un-assembling kits. The persons in these positions will work relatively unsupervised throughout the day. Accuracy is extremely important but speed is also a factor. The worker must be able to recognize discrepant 15 digit part numbers.
- Use radio-frequency stock locator – As needed
- Reports any discrepancies in orders to shipping and receiving supervisor. – Daily
- Key in 15 digit part numbers into computer. – As needed
- Frequent lifting (up to 10 pounds) – Daily
- Moderate lifting (up to 40 pounds). – Daily
- Occasional lifting (up to 75 pounds) – Daily
- Meets deadlines. – Daily
- Maintain warehouse equipment by following manufacturer’s standards of use and cleaning. – Daily
- Maintain safe and clean working environment. – Daily
- Work with supervisor towards meeting performance standards.- Daily
- Other related duties as assigned
Push carts, motorized pallet jacks, hand-held radio frequency units, bar code scanner, occasional use of computer.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These positions also require no theft related charges for past 15 years (felony or misdemeanor), and no felony of any kind for the past 5 years.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, and other desired traits:
- Motivated, self-directed, detail-oriented individual
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment; ability to effectively multi-task
- Must have reliable transportation to get between job locations
- Individual must also be able to gain and maintain the necessary security clearances
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
No prior experience or training.
Ability to read and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers- up to 15 digits. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form. Have problem solving ability. Ability to pay close attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lift/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Person needs to have the ability to ask questions and voice concern in relation to work and work environment.
These jobs are part of the AbilityOne program, to learn more about the AbilityOne program go to www.abilityone.gov
PECKHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. Peckham provides equal opportunities and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Peckham provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.78 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All employees are required to wear face masks on site. We ask all employees a series of COVID symptom screening questions each day.
- Materials handling: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply